Open today: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Book In Advance
Tours from Barefoot Downunder tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Barefoot Downunder
from USD 85.64
More Info
from USD 100.15
More Info
All reviews blue mountains tour three sisters day trip tour guide small group royal national park wentworth falls great guide would highly recommend this tour amazing trip wild kangaroos these guys scenic world hike company hiking australia
Reviewed 18 November 2017

The company is owned by a lovely couple that genuinely cares about making sure everyone is having a great time. They are not a tour that takes your money and goes through the motions, they find every way possible to make the trip fun. The tour guide, Adam knew a great amount of knowledge about the area and did not hesitate to share it with us and answer any questions we had. Knowing how dangerous the figure 8 pools can be, I was glad I pick Barefoot Downunder because they care about everybody's safety while also making sure everyone has plenty of time to get the best pictures of the pools. The lunch provided was exceptional, creating a nice homemade meal. You could tell it was put together with care providing healthy options and accommodating for vegetarians. I would highly recommend this tour instead of trying to do the figure 8 pools by yourself.

Date of experience: November 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
BFDU, Owner at Barefoot Downunder, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Hi catyp244,

Thanks for coming out with us to the Royal National Park, it was a RAD day and I'm so happy that we could make your day exceptional. Take care and the best of luck with your exams.

Cheers

Adam and Debbie

Reviewed 10 November 2017

While my partner and I did complete the 10km track of the Blue Mountains, the term 'medium fitness' certainly needs to be redefined. We probably wouldn't have picked this tour if we had a greater understanding of the fitness requirement, but it was still a wonderful day surrounded by nature.

2  Thank jordynd8
BFDU, Owner at Barefoot Downunder, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hi Jordynd8,

Thanks for your feedback, we do value the opinions of all our guests and would just like to clear up a few things with you. I am truly sorry that you felt the hike was a little too hard for your fitness level. We have been running this hike for the last couple of years and this is what most if not all, agree that is a suitable fitness level for the hike. As stated on our website, we are not a typical coach tour, we are a hiking tour.

I would like to point out that the actual hike is 6.2KM return and not 10Km as you mentioned but it can take over 3hrs as we mention. (Link provided for actual hike with distance off National Parks Website https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/walking-tracks/wentworth-pass-loop-walking-track, we add the loop back which is 1.2km which makes it 6.2k total)

Due to a recent track closure of the National Pass that we normally hike each day, this trail you went on is temporarily used until the National Pass is re-opened. However, this change was addressed with the group on the day and everyone agreed to do the slightly longer hike instead of shortening it. For the future guests that are reading this, we will be back to our usual trek (which won't feel like 10k's) any day now!

It is great to hear you still thought the hike was worth it! We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels in Australia and take care.

Cheers,

Debbie

Reviewed 2 November 2017

This was hands down one of the best tours I've been on, and I've been on a lot. Adam was so enthusiastic and passionate about what he does. He created fun vibes for everyone. He was also super knowledgeable and was giving us the background of all the areas from the moment we left sydney until the end of the trip. He also took us to some hidden spots that the other tours don't visit. These were awesome... we were the only group at these spots, and the views were even more spectacular than the commonly visited viewpoints. I did the trip as an individual travellor too, and there were many other young backpackers that I made friends with. All in all, I 100% recommend this tour and any other tours that barefoot downunder offers. Unreal experience.

Date of experience: November 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
BFDU, Owner at Barefoot Downunder, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Hey Morgan,

Thanks for the feedback, I'm very happy you enjoyed the secret spots. Take care and I​ hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Australia.

Cheers

Reviewed 2 November 2017

We had a wonderful day with Barefoot Downunder. Adam was an awesome guide! Highly recommend this tour.

2  Thank RubyML

Hi Ruby,

Thanks for the review and I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Australia.

Cheers mate!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent way to see the Blue Mountains. Adam was incredible guide, passionate and knowledgeable, who went above and beyond to show is this magnificent place. Thank you!!!

1  Thank Freedom697689
BFDU, Owner at Barefoot Downunder, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hi

Thanks for the great review, we really love what we do. But what I really really love is sharing it with others.

Kind Regards