“Walsh Bay Kitchen”
Review of Walsh Bay Kitchen

Walsh Bay Kitchen
Ranked #3,642 of 5,999 Restaurants in Sydney
Reviewed 11 April 2016

On a very busy Saturday night, our pre-theatre meal was perfect. Excellent, efficient service and a good menu selection (À la carte or 2 or 3 course set menu). The snapper was perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. Given the service, efficiency and food, Walsh Bay Kitchen also proved excellent value for money.

1  Thank mareaj2014
There are newer reviews for Walsh Bay Kitchen

Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

Great meal. Lovely service. Light fish and great duck confit starter. The cauliflower mash was superb. They knew we needed to gone by a certain time and seemed more relaxed than us about how to achieve this.

1  Thank matthew j
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

We booked a table for an after a show at the Roslyn Packer Theatre. Very good service, excellent food. The snapper and sword fish was fresh tasty and well presented, the salad was fresh with a beautiful dressing and vege side dish was cooked to perfection! Good atmosphere. When the bill arrived we noticed a surcharge for credit card had already been added into the final total. We were paying by cash and if we hadn't checked our bill we would not have been the wiser. No big deal but it should be added after the total and not hidden in with the other items and not assume everyone pays with credit card.

1  Thank Linarosa
Reviewed 17 January 2016

Having read many of the trip advisor reviews of this restaurant I have avoided eating at Walsh Bay Kitchen before Sydney Theatre Company shows. Finally last night, quite sick of the other average restaurants in the area, we booked a pre-theatre dinner and were most pleasantly surprised.
We decided to avoid the pre theatre menu, which offers 2 courses for $47. This would be a good value meal and we will probably use it next visit. Instead we chose from the a la carte menu and had a well cooked and well presented snapper fish main course, and shared a chunky tomato salad. The serve was a bit on the small side but perfectly cooked. Every effort is made to feed the crowd quickly and efficiently, and we were surprised to see our dishes arrive before our wine.
Our waitress was well trained, polite and friendly.
Having avoided this restaurant for the last 12 months we will most definitely be back very soon. It is possibly the best restaurant in Walsh Bay.

1  Thank Foodiespy99
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

We dined at the Walsh Bay Kitchen for my birthday and we had the worst experience ever.

First of all, we walked in to the counter to let them know that we have a booking, the woman in charge of the floor told us to stand aside and wait because she's dealing with other things at the moment. She then asked, "Are you guys in a rush? If not can you just stand aside?".

Most of their staff were almost trained to be rude. Foods were tasteless, and the swordfish I had was mushier than canned tuna. I asked the staff to ask the chef for me if swordfish is supposed to be so mushy, she laughed, walked away, came back to tell me that it was steamed that's why it's mushy. She offered me a replacement dish in an unapologetic manner and asked me 'So what do you want then?". I can't believe this kind of customer service is acceptable in a restaurant like this.

I highly recommend everyone to stay away from this place. The experience has completely ruined my birthday celebration. TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Jess F