“Malaysian food”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Popped in for lunch. They have a special lunch menu with about half the dish's on the a la carte menue, and these are about 20% cheaper. The Kari Kambing ( goat curry) was so tender and not strongly goat flavoured. The noodle dish was large and very flavoursome, but the Prawn Sambal was absolutely delicious. Spicey yes but full of flavours.
If you like Sambal, give Mamak a try.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,557)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had curry chicken, curry lamb, sambal sotong, fried chicken and rice and almost all are awesome. I felt that the lamb could be more tender. We also had roti prata (canai) kosong to share and it was amazing! Fluffy/airy and too oily. The curries are spicy and authentic to my Singaporean taste. :)
And the ice tea halia taste great. I felt that the chendol should have more ingredients in it as well as more ice but overall, it still taste good.
Would want to come back if I have more days in Sydney.
Highly recommended for spicy eaters!
Note that the curry fish (next table) looks good and I might want to consider ordering that next time.
No baby/high chair by the way so please bring children who are old enough to sit by themselves.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

You normally have to queue for 30 mins to eat here. You cannot make a reservation which is a shame. For me the satay chicken and roti bread are must trys.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We arrived here around 3pm on a Saturday for a late lunch and were very happy to see no queue outside but still very busy inside. We were promptly seating (party of 6). We ordered chicken satay, mee goring, plain roti and murtabak to share. All very authentic in flavour, exactly how I would have them back in Malaysia. Keep up the good work Mamak, we will all certainly return.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

After a somewhat neutral experience in Chinatown we sought this restaurant specifically based on the reviews. This was a great experience, we were seated after around a 10 min wait outside. Its a very busy place and quite noisy but thats part of the charm. We had a mixed satay and a curry they didn't disappoint. Service was efficient and friendly. I would recommend a visit