“There's a reason for the big queue every day...”
Review of Mamak

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 18 February 2012

There's quite a few malaysian eateries in sydney but this has got to be the best. Roti cani is the signature dish but my favourite is the lamb curry, best i've had. Fish curry is also very good. If you only eat at one place in chinatown this HAS to be it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,495)

Reviewed 16 February 2012

This is just an average Malaysian restaurant. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about - go early because it gets busy. My vegetarian mee goreng lacked flavour.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Great food, great atmosphere, Love it! I come here all the time with my family and friends if we are in the mood for some great Malaysian food. Reasonable prices too!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Went with a friend before a show at the Entertainment Centre and we queued for 30 minutes, hoping for a good meal
Did not understand the wait because half the tables were empty. The curried chicken was all bones and after three attempts got it sent back and replaced.

There was a severe communication gap between me and the staff, as their ENglish was poor, but that is no excuse for a bowl of bones.

I would hesitate returning since we were disappointed with the eventual chicken that graced our table. But it's your choice as the crowds outside kept lining up and the restaurant packs in the diners( even though half full).

Reviewed 8 February 2012

The only gripe you might have is about how long you have to wait for a table, but since we went in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday, we were seated right away. We drove by once around dinner time and there was really long line, so pick your battle. We had plain roti, and we didn't really know what this was but it was so much fun to eat even though it's just a type of bread. We also had chicken skewers (small size) which came with 6 skewers, a sauce and little pieces of cucumber on the side, and it was delicious!! Best I've had yet, and the peanuty sauce makes everything taste good, even the cucumbers which I generally dislike. We also had a spicy shrimp dish, which was good but just too spicy for me to really enjoy.