I only chose Annam apartments because for the period I was staying in Sydney for a conference (5 days), it was literally the last hotel left with a room in my allowed budget ($100 - $200 per night), and within walking distance of the CBD.
After reading the other reviews on this site, I was not looking forward to my stay!
However, my stay there was so pleasant and convenient that I wanted to write this (my first) tripadvisor review. Provided the rates continue to offer excellent value, it will probably be my first choice when I next visit Sydney.
- Rooms are pleasingly modern, well-appointed and furnished
- The manager (Adam) was friendly, courteous, and accommodating
- Pleasant 20min walk to the city
- Great cafe ('Uliveto') around the corner (which I visited on Adam's recommendation)
- Free, fast and flawless wi-fi, which was very much appreciated
- The noise levels at certain times: road noise during peak times and in the evenings, and the shouts of revellers leaving nearby pubs late on Fri & Sat nights. However: After my first night, I asked for earplugs from reception, and the rest of my nights I slept very soundly. Honestly, I believe that wearing earplugs completely negates this 'bad' point.
A hidden gem that many people will pass over because of the noise. Ask reception for earplugs, and you'll have a wonderful stay.More
- Free Wifi