Annam Apartments
  • Room Service
USD 270*
USD 238*
  • Pool
Sheraton on the Park, Sydney(Sydney)
USD 204*
USD 192*
Hotels.com
Travelodge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)
USD 121*
USD 101*
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
USD 178*
USD 160*
Agoda.com
USD 230*
Autograph
USD 214*
  • Restaurant
All reviewswashing machinekings crosstrain stationapartment was cleanwore earplugsfriends weddingpriced accommodationsupermarket closepotts pointlarge fridgeroad noisemin strollself containedbondi beachpublic transportfive nightsnight life
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I have to concur with the previous reviewers, this place is truly the pits!
Same deal, electrical issues which went unresolved the whole time.
Internet is slower than dial up.
Rooms are incredibly noisy at ant time of day, but especially at night with all the yobbos from the cross and all the cab drivers honking - there is simply no chance of sleep.
Intrusive and downright rude staff, especially the "manager"
Dont bother calling the emergency number if your key stops working, they wont answer and will just leave you on the street in the middle of the night! We had to book another more expensive room for the night because we couldnt access the hotel.
This place is a disgrace!
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

5  Thank Woodstar
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Firstly its soo loud you can hear everything down the street, its horrible my partner didnt sleep at all I got sleep but was cranky and very unsettled the whole time I was there. The lights kept breaking every day we had showers in the dark. The next morning the toaster was broken. The maintenance guy walked in and let himself in the room while I was still there alone. I called the front desk to let them know the problem is the whole switch board as the kettle wouldn't work either. I asked if I could move into another room and he said no chance and the only option was to check out.. without any apologies for the ongoing issues ( I even bought my own light globes to fix the bathroom after the emergency line wasn't answered at night when it broke) I was treated with no respect and called 'darling' and it seemed it was a hassle for them to have me stay the whole week when really it was a hassle for me to deal with the ongoing issues of the apartment and disgraceful management. I am appalled by the conditions and the staff even the management was rude and unhelpful. It is a scam and a joke. Do not stay here.

3  Thank sydneycbd333
Reviewed 18 November 2010

The quality of the rooms is decent and even the studio that I stayed in was pretty spacious. Basic amenities are included. The only concern as mentioned by other travelers is that the hotel is located at a very busy crossroads and does not seem to have any sound insulation. As a result, when someone walks past and is speaking it seems as if you are next to them downstairs rather than in your room. The traffic noise is pretty disturbing as well. I wouls suggest taking this room if you get at least a 30% discount off their advertised price and can prenegotiate a higher floor, at least 3rd floor. Also, for some reason it took me over an hour to get a taxi! Internet quality was poor.

1  Thank wasimmehr
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I found these apartments online on a discount site, and picked up a cheap deal to stay for a week. At the discount rate, I feel as though I got a great bargain and have no complaints.
Having lived in Sydney before, I was aware that Potts Point *IS* Kings Cross, so I was aware I would be staying in the middle of a busy area. My spacious studio was on the top (5th?) floor, and I had no trouble whatsoever with noise. I have stayed at far noisier and more expensive hotels in Sydney. In fact, given the location, one block behind "the Coke sign", I felt that it was relatively quiet.
There is a great cafe around the corner for breakfast, and KC station is about 3 minutes walk away. Given that I had commitments in both directions (in Sydney's beaches, the CBD and in the inner west) this proved to be the perfect location for me.
Unlike previous reviewers, I found the wireless internet to be faultless and an appreciated free service.
Kitchen facilities were great and well appointed although seldom used by me. Bathroom was equally good and the washing machine much appreciated.
The staff were friendly and helpful, without being intrusive.
If I could pick up a cheap deal again I would definitely stay here. I would probably request to have a room on one of the higher floors again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Ecrad
Reviewed 10 May 2009

I had read the reviews on this site before staying at Annam Apartments, so I thought I was prepared for how noisy the room was. I was wrong! I stayed on a Saturday and a Sunday night. The Sunday was fine, no problems at all. Saturday night it was almost impossible to sleep before about 4am due to the constant stream of drunk and very loud revelers from Kings Cross walking past. Having said that, the rest of the room was amazing for the price, including an in room washer/dryer, bath robes and very comfortable and large bed. Being so close to public transport and the city made this even better. Perhaps plan a mid-week trip and you'll be set! Don't stay here on a weekend if you plan to sleep.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo