“Sublime Subcontinent”
Review of Subcontinental - CLOSED

Subcontinental
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 27 September 2015

We arrived a little late, dishevelled and without a booking. Subcontinental was pumping, full, but the wonderful host found us some space, then most attentatively lavished us with love.
If you're int Gin, so is Subcontinental, we kicked off with the sublime cocktail of the day/night, a neat twist on lemon lime and bitters - the actual name is resting someplace in my foggy head - well matched to the food we were about to consume.

Clean, crisp fresh Indian, one of my favourite cuisines, a scrumptious grapefruit salad, rare beef curry and nanne to die for (seriously the best bread ever!)

Back to the service, so so so on top of their game, all of the team that looked after us were perfect, thank you!

2  Thank michaelcourtenay

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Indian food with more than a hint of Fusion. light as a feather naan and pappadums. flabourable and balanced curries. great am ience and suberb discrete service. Can't ask for me . Sister restaurant to the famed Longgrain which is upstairs.

1  Thank Maria S
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Another great twist for Indian food. Attentive and detail oriented staff members. Cool and funky. I had one of the best whisky sour!
We had vegetable samosas, spatchcock, lamb,fish and vegetable biryani. All were really authentic Indian tasting dishes. The samosas were excellent.

We noticed the following which are all easily rectifiable. The food took a while to come and they missed one of our orders. As a person of South Asian origin, I found the food to be of authentic Indian tasting, however I believe the palate requires a bit of toning down especially on the chillies. Loved the use of tamarind in the fish curry and the chutney served with the samosas.

I would go there again anytime.

1  Thank Krasen18
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

5 of us dined on a friday night and all came away very impressed. We picked subcontinental for the vegetarian menu as one of our party is a vegetarian. But all the food was outstanding, from the pani puris to the amazing barramundi curry and okra. Spice is mild, even for the "hot" dishes based on my jaded palate.
Service also impeccable and a great ambience with the best soundtrack I can recall hearing in a restaurant (cool jazz/soul/funk perfect for the warehouse decor).

Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

Went here on their opening night. Had some great cocktails and wonderful fresh Indian food for us. Fantastic service. We were not disappointed