“Looked good outside but disappointing”

The Bakers Oven Cafe
Ranked #5,045 of 6,789 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: The Rocks
Reviewed 6 April 2018

So many fantastic places to eat at the Rocks but one this occasion this was not one of them.
A very average hot cross bun and caramel type slice not bad just not great.
Staff were OK but again just not special.
Just read the worst place in town review and this matches my experience.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I had visited the Bakers Oven on my last visit to Australia and had fond memories of the place. Unfortunately my second visit wasn’t as good, the shop smells good when you go inside with the freshly baked pies. I sat outside in the pleasant courtyard and ordered a steak pie expecting it to be as good as the ones I had walked past. However it was very mediocre. Another negative was the waiting staff who seemed to be more interested in chatting to each other than providing any customer service.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

With family, most places were closed for Good Friday and we were looking for pastries. We purchased three tarts: caramel macadamia, chocolate brownie, and caramel peanut butter or something like that. All three were bland, dry, disgusting and left a bad taste in our mouths. Our group, which LOVES sweets, especially pastries, couldn’t finish any of the three and had to throw them away. Even worse, we paid NINETEEN DOLLARS and fifty cents for three small tarts to go. What a sham. If you’re going to charge sky high prices, at least make some decent pastries.

1  Thank Chet P
Reviewed 30 March 2018

This was the worst experience of all during my recent visit to Australia. The staff was extremely rude and offensive. We stopped by on our way from the Four Sasons Hotel to another location. We paused to view the menu, costs and the food on display in the display cases. When we decided to move on because prices were too high and the food uninviting, the male staff member said to us in a loud voice ... "have a good day Sh&tholes". If I could rate it zero, I would. Do not waste your time and energy with his place.

1  Thank 2smokies07
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Great location in Rocks. Tables on road looking at harbour bridge. Or in back at courtyard. Cakes all look lovely in window but to have eating in they charge a premium and they look better then they taste. I had peppermint slice which was rock hard. Partner had fudge brownie that had been blasted in microwave it was too hot to eat and went solid as it cooled. Coffee however was good.

1  Thank Bmwroadster