Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Marco M

Review of 57 Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Jan 2024via mobile
Great and stylish hotel, fantastic location - breakfast with apples, croissants etc for free, great coffee the hole time. Friendly staff. Clean and cosy beds and quiet. We loved to stay here for 4 nights and would return for another stay. Top!
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Max Drobyakov, Other at 57 Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 6 Feb 2024
Hi Marco,

Thank you for your glowing review!

We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our great and stylish hotel. It's wonderful to know that you appreciated our fantastic location and the complimentary morning bites offerings, including fresh apples, croissants, and great coffee throughout your stay.

Our team strives to provide friendly service and maintain a clean, cozy, and quiet environment for our guests, so we're thrilled to hear that you found it to be just that.

We can't wait to welcome you back for another top-notch stay!

• Trip.com
  • Shangri-La.com
2.6 km from 57 Hotel
View more hotels in Sydney
2,824 results
All reviews central station surry hills disco lift coffee and pastries disco lights dancing queen great location complimentary breakfast king room short stay one night stay great place to stay few minutes walk enjoyed my stay would stay again comfy bed business trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 January 2024

I was so pleasantly surprised! This place is amazing, they have little snacks around the place and complimentary food in the foyer. The staff were very friendly and good atmosphere. I got more then I expected and will definitely be coming back to stay :)

Trip type: Travelled solo
Max Drobyakov, Other at 57 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2024

Hi laurg2024,

Thank you so much for your lovely review!

We're thrilled to hear that you had such a pleasant surprise during your stay with us. Providing little extras like snacks and complimentary food is just one of the ways we aim to make our guests feel at home. We're glad our friendly staff and great atmosphere added to your experience.

We can't wait to welcome you back for another stay!

Reviewed 30 January 2024 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable.great position near Central station. However TV options were only free to air and I would like to have at least had Netflix or casting option.
I did not like the fact that I had to go down to the ground floor to get a coffee or water.(. Even a tea bag and kettle the room would have been good.) no bottled water in the room😱

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Margaret,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to hear that you had a very comfortable stay and benefited from our central location.

Although we do not have any tea & coffee making facilities in rooms, we do operate a 24/7 barista style coffee machine in the lobby. We also provide tea trays and kettles on request. Whenever you stay with us next time, please reach out to our 24/7 reception and we will arranger it for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2024

Room is clean complete with amenities. Reception desk personnel are very friendly and helpful especially Julie. Very accessible to the Central Station. Many tourist spots are just walking distance. Will definitely share the experience with friends.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Max Drobyakov, Other at 57 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2024

Hi there!

Thanks a bunch for your awesome review!

We're pleased to hear that you found the room clean and well-equipped with amenities. Our reception team, especially Julie, is delighted to have been of assistance.

We're glad our location near Central Station and within walking distance of tourist spots met your expectations.

Your intention to share your positive experience with friends is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2024

This was an interesting stay. The hotel is lovely, and the staff were more than pleasant. After flight delays, I arrived late and was looking forward to crashing in my room with a cuppa, wash my face, finishing off some work, and watching one of my shows on Netflix to wind down after a stressful day.
The first thing I looked for was a glass so I could take my vitamins and have water beside the bed through the night. No Glass! By this time, I was already in my pajamas and thought, I will put on the robe and go downstairs and get some. No Robe. Plan B.. I will make a cup of tea; surely there is a teabag and a teacup in the joint. NO tea or coffee, and no teacup. Luckily, I found an empty water bottle in my hand luggage and filled that. When I went to the bathroom to wash my face, there was NO face cloth, so I had to wet the end of a towel and use that. After brushing my teeth, there was, of course, NO cup to rinse. Turning on the TV and looking forward to streaming my show, I was met with more dismay when I was limited to the local channels and NO streaming. I was not in the mood for the shopping channels, so I had to watch my show on my phone. I would have killed for a coffee upon waking, but of course this was not possible. On check-in, the kind man at reception gave me a late checkout of 11 a.m., but I was out of my room by 10 a.m. as the only place I could make myself a drink was at reception.
Having brought this accommodation online at a special discounted rate, I still paid $160 for the night, so as a regular traveler for work, I would not call this budget accommodation.
I don't think it is a lot to ask to have a drinking vessel, tea and coffee, and a face cloth included in the room, and to be honest, I am still a little stunned at the fact that these things were not standard. The hotel was nice, the rooms were modern and clean, and the staff were friendly, but would I stay again? Probably not.
It may not seem like a lot, but it was very inconvenient, and when there are limitless options available, why lose a regular over a few things that are inexpensive and, in my opinion, STANDARD? It's the little things that count!

Room tip: No cups, glassware, or cutlery in the room. No tea and coffee-making facilities in the room. No streaming to TV Just an empty Fridge
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Leah,

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

Firstly, I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel lovely. It is especially heartwarming to read that our exceptional team took great care of you and even offered you a complimentary late check out. I am sorry that you were not able to make the most of it though. Also, I can see that you were complimentarily upgraded by 2 room types. I hope this upgrade added a touch of luxury to your stay.

I understand your disappointment with the room settings not meeting your expectations. While we don't provide in-room tea and coffee facilities, our complimentary 24/7 barista-style coffee station and premium tea selection in the lobby aim to cater to diverse preferences. A quick call to our 24/7 reception would have saved you the hassle of a pajama-clad journey for your caffeine fix.

I acknowledge your feedback regarding the absence of bathrobes and face cloths. Rest assured, we take such comments seriously and will explore opportunities for improvement.

I'm sorry you had to resort to watching your favorite Netflix show on your phone. While not all our rooms have smart TVs, we are actively upgrading them. Additionally, we offer Apple TV boxes and Chromecast devices upon request, again, a brief call to our 24/7 Guest Services could have made your evening a little bit better.

I apologize that our in-room amenities fell short of impressing you. On a positive note, I'm pleased you appreciated the privilege of staying in the heart of Sydney at an affordable rate of $160 a night.

Your feedback is invaluable, and we'll use it to enhance our guest experience. We hope to welcome you back for an even more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 24 January 2024

Friendly and helpful staff were the only decent part of this stay unfortunately. I've stayed here a number of times but I'm not sure I'll be back. The first floor hallway smelt like a drain had backed up. There were fruit/drain flies all through my room the room felt tired. Time for a bit of a revamp I think.

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Max Drobyakov, Other at 57 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2024

Hi Louise,

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to share your thoughts, and we truly appreciate your loyalty as a repeat guest. We're thrilled to hear that our staff made a positive impression with their friendliness and helpfulness.

However, we're genuinely sorry to learn about the issues you faced during your stay. Our sincere apologies for the unpleasant smell on the first floor and the unwelcome presence of fruit/drain flies in your room. Your feedback about the tired feel of the room is duly noted.

Rest assured, we take your comments seriously, and we'll be looking into ways to address these issues promptly. We understand the importance of a refreshed atmosphere, and we'll consider a revamp to enhance the overall experience.

We value your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back with a significantly improved experience in the future.