Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Leah C

It's the little things that count!

Review of 57 Hotel
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Jan 2024
This was an interesting stay. The hotel is lovely, and the staff were more than pleasant. After flight delays, I arrived late and was looking forward to crashing in my room with a cuppa, wash my face, finishing off some work, and watching one of my shows on Netflix to wind down after a stressful day.
The first thing I looked for was a glass so I could take my vitamins and have water beside the bed through the night. No Glass! By this time, I was already in my pajamas and thought, I will put on the robe and go downstairs and get some. No Robe. Plan B.. I will make a cup of tea; surely there is a teabag and a teacup in the joint. NO tea or coffee, and no teacup. Luckily, I found an empty water bottle in my hand luggage and filled that. When I went to the bathroom to wash my face, there was NO face cloth, so I had to wet the end of a towel and use that. After brushing my teeth, there was, of course, NO cup to rinse. Turning on the TV and looking forward to streaming my show, I was met with more dismay when I was limited to the local channels and NO streaming. I was not in the mood for the shopping channels, so I had to watch my show on my phone. I would have killed for a coffee upon waking, but of course this was not possible. On check-in, the kind man at reception gave me a late checkout of 11 a.m., but I was out of my room by 10 a.m. as the only place I could make myself a drink was at reception.
Having brought this accommodation online at a special discounted rate, I still paid $160 for the night, so as a regular traveler for work, I would not call this budget accommodation.
I don't think it is a lot to ask to have a drinking vessel, tea and coffee, and a face cloth included in the room, and to be honest, I am still a little stunned at the fact that these things were not standard. The hotel was nice, the rooms were modern and clean, and the staff were friendly, but would I stay again? Probably not.
It may not seem like a lot, but it was very inconvenient, and when there are limitless options available, why lose a regular over a few things that are inexpensive and, in my opinion, STANDARD? It's the little things that count!
Date of stay: January 2024
Room Tip: No cups, glassware, or cutlery in the room. No tea and coffee-making facilities in the room. No...
Trip type: Travelled on business
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Max Drobyakov, Other at 57 Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 28 Jan 2024
Hi Leah,

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

Firstly, I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel lovely. It is especially heartwarming to read that our exceptional team took great care of you and even offered you a complimentary late check out. I am sorry that you were not able to make the most of it though. Also, I can see that you were complimentarily upgraded by 2 room types. I hope this upgrade added a touch of luxury to your stay.

I understand your disappointment with the room settings not meeting your expectations. While we don't provide in-room tea and coffee facilities, our complimentary 24/7 barista-style coffee station and premium tea selection in the lobby aim to cater to diverse preferences. A quick call to our 24/7 reception would have saved you the hassle of a pajama-clad journey for your caffeine fix.

I acknowledge your feedback regarding the absence of bathrobes and face cloths. Rest assured, we take such comments seriously and will explore opportunities for improvement.

I'm sorry you had to resort to watching your favorite Netflix show on your phone. While not all our rooms have smart TVs, we are actively upgrading them. Additionally, we offer Apple TV boxes and Chromecast devices upon request, again, a brief call to our 24/7 Guest Services could have made your evening a little bit better.

I apologize that our in-room amenities fell short of impressing you. On a positive note, I'm pleased you appreciated the privilege of staying in the heart of Sydney at an affordable rate of $160 a night.

Your feedback is invaluable, and we'll use it to enhance our guest experience. We hope to welcome you back for an even more enjoyable stay.

AU$260
1.4 km from 57 Hotel
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Sydney
2,823 results
All reviews central station surry hills disco lift coffee and pastries disco lights dancing queen great location complimentary breakfast king room short stay one night stay great place to stay few minutes walk enjoyed my stay would stay again comfy bed business trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 January 2024

Friendly and helpful staff were the only decent part of this stay unfortunately. I've stayed here a number of times but I'm not sure I'll be back. The first floor hallway smelt like a drain had backed up. There were fruit/drain flies all through my room the room felt tired. Time for a bit of a revamp I think.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Max Drobyakov, Other at 57 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2024

Hi Louise,

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to share your thoughts, and we truly appreciate your loyalty as a repeat guest. We're thrilled to hear that our staff made a positive impression with their friendliness and helpfulness.

However, we're genuinely sorry to learn about the issues you faced during your stay. Our sincere apologies for the unpleasant smell on the first floor and the unwelcome presence of fruit/drain flies in your room. Your feedback about the tired feel of the room is duly noted.

Rest assured, we take your comments seriously, and we'll be looking into ways to address these issues promptly. We understand the importance of a refreshed atmosphere, and we'll consider a revamp to enhance the overall experience.

We value your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back with a significantly improved experience in the future.

Reviewed 18 January 2024

A wonderful hotel with caring, helpful, accommodating staff. Nothing was ever a problem. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the bonus breakfast in the morning was a treat. I will be booking in again!

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi there!

Thanks a million for your fantastic review!

We're thrilled you found our hotel wonderful, and our staff caring and accommodating. It's awesome to hear that everything from the clean room to the comfy bed hit the spot for you. And we're delighted you enjoyed our complimentary morning bites.

Can't wait to welcome you back for another great stay!

Reviewed 17 January 2024

Friendly staff, especially female staff; Good location; Rooms are clean; Coffee machine and breakfast are very convenient.
Area to improve: Iron board needs to be cleaned; To be environment friendly such as Replace the disposable coffee cups with reusable cups, Food served without plastic wrappings.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks a bunch for your awesome feedback!

We're thrilled you enjoyed our friendly staff, convenient location, and clean rooms.

Regarding your suggestions, we totally vibe with the environment-friendly spirit. However, since we offer grab & go coffee and morning bites in the lobby, most guests prefer the ease of takeaway cups and wrapped bites. It also helps keep things hygienic for everyone. We'll definitely look into improving the cleanliness of our iron boards, though.

Thanks again for your thoughts, and we can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 15 January 2024

Nice and functional hotel room in a good location (close to public transport with a number of restaurants and a supermarket close by).
Very friendly staff.
Basic breakfast and coffee included
Well priced
Ideal place for a short city break or business trip.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi joerga2024,

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Excited to hear you found our hotel nice and functional, and our location convenient. It's great that you enjoyed the nearby amenities. Glad you found our morning bites and coffee offerings hit the spot, and that our pricing worked well for you.

Looking forward to having you back for your next city break or business trip!

Reviewed 13 January 2024 via mobile

Excellent welcoming staff. Very hot day arrival day. Thoughtful air conditioning already on when we went to our room. Excellent position lower Foveuax St Surry Hills location for airport and light rail connections. Excellent value for money with tariff inclusive very good breakfast and coffee arrays. Rooms smallish European style but spotless and well organized.

Room tip: We went there to stay because of its close proximity for next day airport train travel connections.
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi there!

Thanks a bunch for the shoutout!

We're thrilled you enjoyed our friendly staff and the cool welcome on that hot day. Glad our location and connections worked out well for you. And hey, we're stoked you found value in our inclusive morning bites and coffee offerings. Our rooms may be on the cozy side, but we're happy you found them spotless and well-organized.

Can't wait to host you again!