“Breakfast”

Cafe Opera
Ranked #94 of 6,035 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: USD 23 - USD 70
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Our highly skilled Chefs source the finest ingredients coming from local Sydney and Australian suppliers, to create what is undoubtedly the definitive buffet within Sydney. Allow yourself the opportunity to experience elements stemming from the land and the sea. From freshly delivered seafood from the fishmonger at the world-renowned Sydney Fish Market to incredible meat sourced daily from the Southern Highlands, the lunch and dinner buffet within Cafe Opera is proud to connect you with the treasures of Australia. The team at Cafe Opera creates an inspired, interactive buffet including seasonal seafood, live cooking stations showcasing the roast of the day, a host of mains, garden-fresh salads as well as, and most importantly, a theatrical dessert display.
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We enjoyed a buffet breakfast here each morning. A good start to the day. Good choice of hot and cold food, more than enough choice and very friendle and attentive staff.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Have eaten here a few times before seeing shows at the Opera House. Food is great, could possibly improve the pizza though, it's a little tastless

Reviewed 3 January 2012

Great location, lovely selection of nibbles, shame about the smokers!

Reviewed 1 January 2012

We had vistors from overseas and since they missed the NYE fireworks, we thought it would be nice to visit the site of the fireworks. Unfortunately we chose the wrong restaurant, the Opera Bar.
We started with some shrimp and crab spring rolls which turned out to be pork or something worse. My wife who is allergic to pork was vomiting within 5 minutes. We did what we could to comfort her, as she didn't want to upset everybody's evening.
I had ordered a Corona, which came with a lemon slice. I politely told the waitress that Corona was drank with lime, to which I received a very Eastern Euorpean or Russian response that 'we always serve it with lemon'. I suggested that just because they serve it with lemon, that does not make it right. An unpleasant interchange occurred, and she suggested she would tell the manager, which I suggested was an excellent idea.
I had a very average cold salmon salad. I have little idea why I was expecting a beutifully grilled piece of salmon on my $21.00 salad, other than the fact in my many travels, I had never seen cold cooked salmon on a salad before. it was very average.
I would not suggest anybody do anything other than have a drink, but not Corona beer.

1  Thank Geoff B
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Gets very busy and crowded, a great place to take out of town visitors but I wouldnt go there otherwise.