“Yummy Seafood, Great Service, and Lovely Venue. Superb Italian.”
Review of Otto Ristorante

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City East
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Saturday afternoon lunch with a group of 8 friends celebrating a birthday. Excellent service and food especially the magnificent lobster spaghetti and perfectly cooked barramundi fillet - delicious and sensational.

The bolognese and mozzarella risotto croquettes were disappointing because they were dry and contained no noticeable bolognese. Otherwise it would be 5/5.

Such a perfect venue to sped the afternoon lunching with friends. Will go back for sure.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

2nd visit to Otto - for lunch. Pretty disappointed. Portions very small. Food nice enough but really just good bistro fare. Lunch + 2 bottles of wine + dessert wine almost $950!! Left hungry. Service good but not perfect. Caters to the pretentious mob. And to top it all off, 10% added to each item surreptitiously as it was Easter Saturday. Come on guys, you can do better....

2  Thank Irish2002
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We had a bad experience tonight. My duck ragu tasted like mince. My John Dory was like rubber. This is unusual as Otto is one of our favourite restaurants. I think the chef just got it wrong tonight. Service was great as usual.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

For many years we have heard about Otto Restaurant and at last decided to try for Sunday lunch. Unfortunately we found it rather disappointing. The serving sizes were small and the cost extremely high! This doesn’t make for a pleasant experience. The position on the wharf is the main factor in dining here but you have to book well in advance to have outside seating and being indoors makes for just another overpriced restaurant. Many, many better choices around Sydney than here

2  Thank missiquincy
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Rayno from central booking services never took my booking reservation when I called, had to find this out when I got to the restaurant. Staff were good, and accommodated us anyway. My plate and my husbands plate was not chef quality presentation. We have marked this restaurant down by 2 stars. They are no longer a go to venue for fine dining. Food was very tasty, but unappealing to the eye, especially my husbands Duck Pasta dish. My Vegan ravioli as a main had exactly 5 ravioli pieces. Such a pity ... will not be coming back, and will not recommend this rather to friends anymore

1  Thank Natasha04344