“A great way to the see the blue mountains”
Review of Your Sydney Guide

and up
Sydney City Private Tour
Ranked #6 of 291 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Click the website link to view our full catalog of award winning Sydney private tours. Our specialty is delivering exceptional, personalised private tours of Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley, South Coast and the Southern Highlands. Your Sydney Guide is a fully licensed, insured and accredited operator providing Private Sydney Tours to beautiful places in relaxed, local style . All guides are Sydney locals, with extensive experience in adventure and tour guiding. We cater for solo and family travellers, cruise ship visitors, as well travel groups of up to 25 and every single guest receives the same warm generous service that have given us over 200 5 star reviews. Contact us today and let us know about your dream Sydney visit so that we can help to make it a reality for you.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 22 June 2015

We visited Sydney for a whirlwind tour before leaving the country, and had a very enjoyable day with Scott Ricketts, the owner and guide. Scott came very highly recommended from another private tour operator who was busy the day we had available, and I am very happy that we ended up with Scott.

I had a few things on my list I wanted to see in the Blue Mountains, but I left the itinerary up to Scott. We did a few short hikes to some fabulous views, many of them off the path that the larger companies operate on.

We did visit one of the main tourist areas (Scenic World) but we were there early enough that we missed the massive lines that build up in the afternoon. Scott has put thought into the best way to see the most alluring parts, and in the order that is most free from crowds. We were nearly by ourselves on the "steepest train in the world", right up at the front window. We understand that later in the day people can wait several trains in order to go. We also enjoyed the cable cars, again in the way that has the least amount of waiting.

We had lunch a very nice cafe with views, and Scott helped to find a place that suited a special menu for kids who don't eat gluten.

We loved the walks we took, that sometimes ended in fantastic views over some of the valleys in the blue mountains. Scott has a lot of information about birds and plants and history, plenty to keep both myself and the children entertained. He shares this out on the drive from Sydney into the mountains, along the walks, and as you move from place to place. I remember him lamenting in the first part of the day that we did not see a lyrebird, and him describing the amazing mimic ability of the bird. Later in the day we did see one, and it was a real treat.

We were able to end the day by taking a river ferry from the Sydney Olympic area to Circular Quay, and were here at just the right time of year to enjoy the Vivid Festival lights. Thanks for suggesting that Scott.

I would enjoy the chance to take another tour with Scott if the opportunity ever arose, because our day went beyond expectations in that Scott was very thoroughly ensuring that the children (10 and 7) also had a fantastic day. I am pleased to help building up Scott's reputation as an outstanding tour operator, and wish him luck.

Your_Sydney_Guide, Owner at Your Sydney Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2015

I am so grateful for your kind words. It was a joy to spend the day showing yourself, Katerina and Erik the beautiful Blue Mountains and I am glad it all worked out so well.

Safe travels,

"land rover"
in 3 reviews
"spent the entire"
in 2 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
"beautiful country"
"comfortable van"
"city tour"
in 5 reviews
"australian culture"

Reviewed 17 June 2015

My family has had only a handful of excellent tour guides and Scott is definitely on the top three list. He helped my mom customize our itinerary for the five full days that we would be touring with him.

On our first day, we had a half day tour around the city. That was when, I'm guessing, he got to know a little bit about my family so that on our next tour, he was ready for our different needs and wants.

We did alternate full day and half day tours since my grandfather is 90 and would get tired easily. But Scott really made sure that each person in the family would enjoy Sydney. He brought us to different places that he knew we would like to go to, especially for the younger ones in the group.

Scott shared many facts all through out the tour, answered a lot of our questions and would get back to us if he wasn't sure about a few. He took very good care of us, recommended really good restaurants, drove safely and was an easy person to talk to.

I'm glad that my mom chose to hire Your Sydney Guide for our tour because it really made my first trip to Sydney memorable and left me with the feeling that I most definitely need to go back there.

I highly recommend Your Sydney Guide, no matter what your interests are because Scott will always be able to customize your tour according to what you want.

P.S. If you have the time and money, it's highly recommended to take the 20 minute helicopter tour around Sydney! ;)

1  Thank neekelita
Your_Sydney_Guide, Owner at Your Sydney Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2015

Thanks for the kind works Nicole,
It was such a pleasure to tour with you and the family and I hope to see you all again in Sydney (or the Philippines) sometime soon.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

We had an amazing one day sightseeing in Sydney.Scott, the owner and the guide, is very knowledgeable, articulate and likeable. He knows Sydney so well and explained the history and significance of the different places we saw. He was generous with his time and willing to adapt if we wanted to modify our tour a little bit.

He took us to Bronte beach for lunch and we had an unforgettable picnic by the beach... fish and chips Aussie style! We simply couldn't forget until now, the spectacular views of the coastline while traveling along the Grand Pacific Drive.

Scott's care and courtesy was exceptional and we would use him again should we return to Sydney. We would definitely recommend Scott to anyone, without reservation.

Terima kasih (thank you), Scott!  Warmest regards from us in Kuala Lumpur!

2  Thank Asni2636

Thanks you Asni,
It was wonderful to meet you and your family and to show you our beautiful city and the Royal National Park. See you in Sydney again soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2015

Australia is a beautiful country to discover ... Scott really interested in our personal tastes, and found a way to teach Australia since our interests: Architecture, Landscape, Culture, History, Art, Urban ... From the mountains, through the city to the sea we share a wonderful time, good conversations, the best coffee, and local food. Thanks for sharing with us the stories of your Country!

Your_Sydney_Guide, Owner at Your Sydney Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2015

Hello Diana,

Gracias to you too, it was great to meet you in Sydney and to able to show you around both our beautiful city and the stunning Blue Mountains. Hope to see you again in Sydney one day or maybe over in your beautiful Columbia.

Warm regards,