“A nice, intimate dining experience”
Review of Galileo Restaurant - CLOSED

Galileo Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“A nice, intimate dining experience”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This is a lovely, if not rather pricey restaurant that is worth checking out if you would like to splash out a little. The food was excellent and the service prompt and very professional

Wentworth Falls, Australia
“Longest dinner ever with my wife”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Normaly we are in and out for dinner, the food served and gone, but this restaurant was totally different, quite and interment. Great service and exceptional food. Well recommend

Visited October 2011
Sydney, Australia
“a little bit pricey”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

food was nice but us Sydneyites are spoilt for top class restaurants thats aren't as expensive

Singapore, Singapore
“Not nearly as good as it used to be”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We visited Galileo in April 2011 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Since then the change in hotel management seems to have badly bitten into the quality of the restaurant. The excellent sommelier we encountered on our previous visit has gone and not been replaced and the wine list has suffered badly as a result.

Whilst prices remain high and the food is generally very good, it is not the culinary experience that is was prior. Very disappointing and we can only hope they regain their mojo.

• Visited December 2011
Townsville, Australia
“Just perfect”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My wide and I spent three nights at the Observatory Hotel over the New Year period, and while we were there we had one dinner at Galileo and two lunches at The Globe Bar, which is basically the Galileo "lite".

The dinner at Galileo was just perfect in every way. The ambiance that of a genteel English country manor with beautiful furniture and art-work and wonderful live piano music. The staff were relaxed, charming and attentive. For entree I had Heirloom tomato with tomato consomme and tomato sorbet - I could not have imagined that so many flavours could be squeezed out of a humble tomato. For mains I had a Cape Grim Tenderloin with a side of chick pea fries. The steak was one of the tenderest and most succulent I have ever had. There is a very good vegetarian selection and my wife was very pleased with her 'Cauliflower Steak'. My only (tiny) complaint is that while the wine list is excellent, the 'by-the-glass' section is very limited, with about four whites, four reds and three sparklings. Having said that, the wines I had were very good.

Galileo is expensive, but as a total dining experience it is totally worth it.

• Visited December 2011