“An excellent experience”

Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2019

The staff were lovely and very efficient. We had dinner on a busy Vivid night so the circumstances must have been trying for the staff but they didn't show it. The food was great, the atmosphere fantastic. We could not fault anything.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed 11 June 2019

Typical Italian hospitality - good food, good service & very friendly. Will come again when next in Sydney.

Reviewed 9 June 2019 via mobile

A challenge for the staff to keep customers warm & well fed on a busy, cold evening during Vivid; in my opinion they did well. The outside eating area was kept warm with a good supply of gas heaters, service was prompt and our meals were very quickly served. We chose the cheese croquets for entree, delicious. For mains I chose the lasagna; a good size, well cooked, great authentic Italian style and flavour and served with a generous amount of sauce. My wife had the basil pesto gnocchi. Served in a bowl with a generous amount of the basil pesto sauce; she loved it. The waitress suggested garlic bread with the mains to help with the sauce and she was right. Wine selection was extensive and well priced. Overall it was an enjoyable dining experience while watching Vivid on the bay.

1  Thank Roger_Albury
Reviewed 9 June 2019

It's in the middle of Sydney harbour and I paid $17 for a wagyu beef burger and a handful of chips. Why wagyu beef? Wagyu beef is meant to be moist, tender, and mouth-wateringly flavoursome. Well mine wasn't! The burger itself was no better than McDonald's. It really wasn't and I'm not trying to be mean!!

The pasta of my companions was really nice but small, and that's the problem. We are overcharged for average quality all over Australia and especially where there are lots of people. Why? Not really sure but good old profit comes to mind. We in Australia are so mechanical and clinical that everything is done in a minimal way so that no one gets anything for free, especially flavour, taste and value.

Waitstaff and service was very good, but I'm wondering if that's because everyone was from Europe (I think?). Imagine if they were home grown? So just in case someone is offended, I'm not putting down people. I am commenting on the culture of service of many places in Australia, but the value of this place is just below average.

1  Thank DaveNowra
Reviewed 9 June 2019

Service was slow and we actually had to go up to the counter twice to be noticed. While the waitress was lovely she was rushed off her feet. On ordering drinks it took forever for them to arrive. 10% WEEKEND!! surcharge was not clearly advertised and automatically including a credit card surcharge in the bill total was rude especially when we were paying cash. Admittedly this was wavered. Of course I have heard of a Sunday and public holiday surcharge before but never a WEEKEND surcharge and when I explained this to the manager he asked me where I was from with an attitude of what rock did I crawl out from under. The food was so so and I noticed at the next table they were very disappointed with their pizza. Would not return especially with so many other options available nearby.