“Special treatment from Chef Mitch”

Acme Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #963 of 6,843 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

A member of our party knew the Chef so we did not use the menu and he sent small dishes to our table. The tasty treats (about 70%) came from the menu, the rest were some of his favorites. One member of our party had some specific food allergies and they were attended to without any fuss. The food itself was so modern. A deconstructed mac and cheese that used powdered seaweed.
The service was very fine and the place was packed. I suggest a reservation and be prepared to a trip into the future. The room is a bit noisy also.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I was a fan of this place up until yesterday. Dinner was brilliant so we decided to try brunch, which turned out to be disappointing. First, the height of hipster pretension - coffee is only available in the form of long black, espresso or cold drip. Unfortunately the food couldn't save the day either. Apart from the very pleasant (if simple) sausage & egg sanga, the rest of the menu was insipid; started with a few pieces of grapefruit dunked in sesame oil, main of Cambodian pork neck felt like they were leftovers from the chef's kitchen at home, and dessert way too doughy.

The kicker - when I posted my thoughts on Instagram, Mitch Orr the head chef & co-owner decided to respond with a "LOL" and that he's the head chef and co-owner so I should "screencap away." Wow, just wow. Even though I have enjoyed dinner here, I'll not return to a place run by a jerk who should not be any customer-facing business.

2  Thank QF009
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I got a recommendation from my good friend from New York to try ACME. What a fabulous restaurant! From the eminent we arrived to the moment we left we had the most amazing experience! The owners are so welcoming and were very knowledgable about the food and flavours! Cam, one of the owners has a fabulous personality and take pride in the food and restaurant. Ed, was at the bar and was equally amazing! Our food was inventive and fresh and oh so delicious!!! The chef Mitch is amazing! We had the most amazing experience from the food to the service to the wine! It was packed and definitely with a visit!!! We will be back!!! The desserts were incredible especially doing a rotation of all three!!!! Thanks for a fabulous meal and night out!

1  Thank Claire P
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

We visited recently Acme after a lot of people recommend it to us and we were not disappointed. The food is really unique as it's Italian meeting Asian cousin! The pasta were beautiful but some of them were a bit too rich. Great wine selection and also great staff!

Reviewed 25 February 2017

We made a mistake by not looking at the menu before we arrived. The food choices are limited and the main dishes are pasta based. The portions are tiny despite us ordering additional starters and mains. Wine list is extensive and expensive. Restaurant is stuffy and tables are cramped. We left the restaurant hungry and shared a pizza on the way out as we were all starving . Definitely would not go back.

1  Thank Tinkymia