Lowest prices for your stay
AU$408
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
AU$345
Breakfast included
Multiple ways to pay
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2023

The room I stayed in faced Hunter Street it was clean but definitely felt like previous occupants had done some damage that hadn't been fully repaired. I liked the shower in that it was nice to have a shower head well above my head being tall(6'4").

I was only there one night unfortunately it was the same night as a young person having their birthday, possibly 18th.
The music was cranked up around 7pm and never went down well not sure when it went down as I did manage to fall asleep after 9:30pm but it was disappointing.

The airconditioning worked which was good as that day in Sydney was 30c, hot for me.

The biggest failing I found was the fact it seems smoking is allowed in Pubs in Sydney unlike Hobart maybe not inside but the 'outdoor' area is covered over and has big glass doors which open up into the main pub so having a meal while someone is having their cigarette(or cancer stick) was not pleasant as it wafted throughout the pub area.

The other small issue is the outer door which is next door to the main pub door on Hunter St doesn't close itself to latch so although you have a key to unlock it if you don't pull it shut it won't latch itself and anyone off the street could walk in.

I didn't have breakfast there but it was offered, mainly continental style.

I loved the fact the room had a mini-fridge and two complimentary bottles of water which I put in the fridge the night before to chill them ready for the next day.

If I knew there wouldn't be smokers or karaoke birthday parties I have no issue staying here again in future. But due to the security issue with the outside door(entry) I am unsure if I would.

Finally from what I could see it's not designed with Wheelchairs in mind, no lift and only stairs to get up to the room level so even those with potential other mobility issues may find it difficult.

Date of stay: February 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2022

This was a real find. The staff are so nice and helpful. The room really nice and the food is amazing. All at a very reasonable price and walking distance to Darling Harbour. Parking was a little tricky, but next time we will get the train into Sydney and this will be the best place to stay. The set up for breakfast was unreal, and all so clean and new for such a beautiful old building in the heart of Sydney. Love this place.

Date of stay: December 2021
2  Thank Deborah L
Reviewed 21 July 2020

Drinks and dinner last Friday night. Corner pub decor, been there forever. Great staff, in particular David, who apparently only works Friday nights. Very helpful , nothing too much trouble. Has a great "Hot Rock" eye fillet steak, you cook it yourself on a blazingly hot rock (stone slab) that seems to keep hot forever. Cooking it yourself you control exactly how you want it cooked slice by slice as it comes out just seared all over. And a side of delicious peppercorn sauce. Fries and side salad, just OK. Worth a visit.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

I ate here as in the area and was surprised at the quality of the restaurant food. The special was the 200g fillet steak on a hot stone for $15. This was a quality piece of meat and you'd pay much more for it in a non pub environment. I loved it and will definitely go back just for this item. There was a great menu but this was not able to be passed up. $4 more and I had prawns to cook with the steak

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2019 via mobile

Knowing that there is a pub downstairs, we had really a good rest on our stay in the hotel, super quiet and clean.Staff are friendly and very professional.the proximity to LRT and darling harbour is a wow...

Date of stay: October 2019