Stayed here over NYE weekend and got fully gouged on the room rate, at about 4 times the normal price. We knew that this would be the case, and certainly the Leisure Inn was one of the (comparatively) less expensive options in Sydney that weekend, but the rate we paid made it especially painful when the hotel nickel and dimed us for every conceivable thing - $15 for a day on Internet access, $1 to place a local call plus $1 per minute for the call itself, $2 per bag to store bags after check-out, etc. etc. This place seemed far more concerned with lining its pockets than providing exceptional service. This is a pet peeve of mine even when I am not paying a hugely inflated room rate for a special occasion.
That said, it's very convenient to the Central train station, and clean. You can walk or take a quick train ride to a lot off different parts of Sydney - Darling Harbour, Chinatown, Circular Quay, etc. Front desk staff were friendly and adequately helpful. Nothing above and beyond when it came to guest service, but no gripes either.
The temperature in our room was very difficult to balance- we were either freezing or the room was stuffy. Very litte ambience and our window looked out on an oh-so-charming brick wall.
I'd say the convenient location is worth it if you're exploring Sydney a bit and paying $100 or less per night. Two nights here had us quite ready to move on to more charming accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leisure Inn Sydney Central features modern guest rooms each with its own unique charm. Stunning contemporary design elements fuse with modern liveability and convenience at Leisure Inn Sydney Central.All our rooms are non-smoking with comfy beds and a rain shower head in each bathroom and all Superior Rooms provide double glazed windows and district outlooks. After a busy day sightseeing or business meetings, relax in your room with a cup of premium tea or coffee. Rooms all have individual heating control and centralised air conditioning with large writing desks and plenty of power points for all your mobile devices as well as WiFi access. Kick back and enjoy numerous FOXTEL channels on your LCD TV.Leisure Inn Sydney Central also offers rooms with bunk beds providing flexibility for small groups, families and friends travelling together.The hotel is opposite the major transport interchange of Sydney's Central Station, and is also a short walk to the city centre, University of Technology, ABC Studios, Sydney College of TAFE and Chinatown. The hotel is a short stroll to the best shopping, entertainment, attractions and dining options in Sydney and Darling Harbour.If you were interested in features a little further afield, Circular Quay offers entertainment in the forms of The Rocks Markets each weekend or ferry transport to Taronga Zoo and other points of interest such as Manly beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Leisure Inn Sydney Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leisure Inn Sydney Central Hotel Sydney
- Leisure Hotel Sydney Central
- Regent Sydney