“Sensational tour of the blue mountains!”

Sydney Adventure Tours
Ranked #226 of 386 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sydney Adventure Tours provides activities to the Blue Mountains near Sydney. We offer day trips for small groups from Sydney. We can arrange a quiet private charter to lookouts and enjoy the mountain village atmosphere or provide guided bushwalks anywhere within the National Parks. We can tee up with adventure tour operators to provide Climbing, Canyon Trips, Abseiling and other adventures.
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Our British family of 4 had an amazing day with our tour guide Craig who was super friendly and easy to get along with, very chilled and flexible day to admire the amazing valleys and ridges of the blue mountains. Stopping at all viewing points for sublime views on a perfect day! Views of waterfalls, canyons and the three sisters was amazing! An additional tour of the Jenolan caves is highly recommended for a great experience! I would definitely recommend and a must do trip to take if you are in Sydney for a few days, you can’t miss out! A great trip not just for families but anyone out to see some amazing unique views in Oz! Great tour! Thanks Craig!

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We were a group of 4, my parents and 2 of us siblings. We booked for a private tour for 1-5 people to be picked up at our hoyel at 8AM. We waited till 9 then we decided to go visit their “offices” shared at their website. (They have 2 addresses) When we got to the first one, it was located at a residential area so we asked the neighbor about the house where the said “office” was. However, the house had been on lease for a while already. Hopeful, we went to their other office and again the same thing. No one at home. Basically spent half the day trying to get hold of them. (They even turned their cellular phone) Please do not book with them. You’re going to lose your money

1  Thank James G
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We are a family of 4 - my wife and 2 kids. We booked and have paid already for a Blue Mountain Custom Private Tour for about a 10 hour trio with Sydney Adventure Tours. We were just waiting at the hotel lobby for the supposedly 8 am pickup. Tried calling ‭+61 406 077 714‬ but the number just can’t be reached. At about past 9 am we decided to go to their office at the 2 addresses posted on their website and only to find out that there were no occupants on the stated office addresses.
It took a lot of time on our trips itinerary. I hope Trip Advisor will not be posting this site anymore as we take full confidence with Trip Advisor on a our bookings.

2  Thank Dada G
Craig F, General Manager at Sydney Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Dada G

We are not Scammers. I note you have made three reviews for one issue under three new TripAdvisor accounts.

We had a genuine problem with our online booking system and we were away in the bush on a camp trip. The booking was made using an online booking system less than two days ahead of tour. I called in the evening as soon as we returned. I offered a refund and tried to work out a way to compensate you for your time.

1. We have been calling and emailing you, and you have not responded.
2. Why are you using social media and labelling us scammers?
3. We have credited your payment 100% and offered to somehow compensate for you lost time.

It is difficult to run a small tour business. No tour operator operating small personal tours such as ours has the resources for staff waiting for calls, not with costs in Australia. We operate on mobile phones and internet booking system. Most of our bookings are referrals from hotel concierges and tour desks who refer us because of our excellent private trips, they were all aware I was away at the time. if you would like the personal service from a small local company this is all we can do.

We overlooked an availability feature on our internet booking system, the miss-booking was our fault and I am very sorry you lost precious time on a short stay to Sydney. I understand you were very upset and did not want to discuss the issue, but I wish you had allowed me a chance to assist.

For all those reading this response, we welcome online bookings. We are making some adjustments to the system so that there is an alternative number that can be called. There are some automated confirmation emails you will receive however, should you not receive a personal call or text a day before the trip it would be best to re-confirm to double check. Calling, texting or emailing is also a great way to book us and assures we know about you.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Well pop the cork & fill me up another vino, wasn't this a day to remember! With what started as a chilly winters morning quickly turned to blue sky's & good times as the sun made light work of the mornings mist. The trip north on the M1 to the beautiful NSW Hunter Valley Wine Region was far from boring as Our tour guide Craig, who I found out was quite the wine connoisseur, was happy to keep the good times rolling with a playlist that kept us swinging like the 60's the entire trip. The choice of winery's was exception as we got to taste some.. or should I say a lot of what this stunning region has on offer. From Merlot, Pinot noir to Sauvignon blanc it was all for the picking, as our hosts gave us informative yet colourful backstories on each winery & drop. Unfortunately all good things come to an end & we made our way back to the bus looking a little more disheveled than when we first arrived. All in all it was an amazing day & a BIG thanks to Craig who put in a stellar performance not only looking after us all, but going to the extra effort to retrieve a jacket that unfortunately had a few to many & missed the bus ride home.
I highly recommend the tour & if anyone asks, just tell them you heard it through the grape vine.

Craig F, Owner at Sydney Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

A BIG thanks to you too for such a great review. Not sure if I deserve all of it but it was a great day. Audrey Wilkinson's was the winery with the big scenic backdrop. Wynwood had the sunny bar and lounge and Blue Berry was the laid back winery with the kittens and the outside fire that let us relax and stay until sunset. Cheers and Thanks. Craig