Open today: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Review Highlights
My soul is at home here!

Reviewed 14 March 2023
Mynotaur
Whittlesea, Australia
via mobile
Outstanding bookshop

Reviewed 23 December 2022
Bartonbears
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews non fiction large collection bookstore manga browsing galeries comic purchase
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2023 via mobile

Incredible bookshop. Truely the best on the planet! I wish we had one in Melbourne. I’ve visited both the Singapore and Sydney locations a couple of times and I know to check an empty bag to haul my purchases back. I especially love the large manga volumes and easy readers for Japanese learners. I also found the Junji Ito section today. Oh and the magazines! Just wonderful.

Date of experience: March 2023
Reviewed 23 December 2022

This is an outstanding bookshop in the heart of Sydney. Whatever your interests you are likely to find books on that topic. The staff are friendly and helpful - a necessary quality if you are looking for specific items in this vast space.
The attached cafe makes great coffee and is a welcome opportunity to sit quietly between browsing. We found the sweets available a bit limited by our taste for less sugary offerings but still found a strawberry and cream confection pretty much to our liking.

Date of experience: December 2022
Reviewed 3 November 2022 via mobile

Have not been here for a good nine years and was glad to return to pay a visit. Those familiar with Kinokuniya bookstores in Singapore and Indonesia will not be surprised at the large collection of books with an emphasis on mangas, comic books and Japanese language books.

This particular outlet, located in Sydney has a large collection of Australian books both fiction and non-fiction alike.

Kinokuniya in Sydney takes up most of the space in Galeries Victoria’s second floor though it is still smaller than its Singaporean counterpart.

Date of experience: October 2022
Reviewed 1 July 2022 via mobile

Great variety in this bookstore. Large section Manga and Anime but plenty of other mainstream books to suit all tastes.
Nice to wander around the store on a rainy day.

Date of experience: July 2022
1  Thank Albywon
Reviewed 27 February 2021

We love this store and it has an amazing selection of books, especially in the history section. It is very busy so hard to physically distance.

Date of experience: February 2021