Open today: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Review Highlights
My soul is at home here!

Incredible bookshop. Truely the best on the planet! I wish we had one in Melbourne. Iโ€™ve visited... read more

Reviewed 14 March 2023
Mynotaur
Whittlesea, Australia
via mobile
Outstanding bookshop

This is an outstanding bookshop in the heart of Sydney. Whatever your interests you are likely to... read more

Reviewed 23 December 2022
Bartonbears
Coffs Harbour, Australia
โ€‚โ€‚
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews non fiction large collection bookstore manga browsing galeries comic purchase
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2019

Book stores to many is a thing of the past. To me, it's a little sanctuary where I can escape the rigors of life. I used to frequent book stores on a weekly basis but it's so difficult to find a book store in today's day and age. I've didn't realize book stores still existed until I came across this place hidden in the top of the galleries. They have such an enormous collection of books both English and other languages + if you're into comics, there is a large collection of Japanese and US comics to choose from. I was in a rush so only spent 1/2 an hour here, but will definitely come back soon to enjoy the vast collection of books. Don't let the books disappear.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank tfortea
Reviewed 13 March 2019 via mobile

As an avid booklover,this established is one of the very best.Make sure to allow plenty of time to browse and then become a member.You wont regret it.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank Fearless26197
Reviewed 3 March 2019 via mobile

One of our fave bookshop!!! My daughters love to come here since they were babies ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š since black pastry attached to the bookshop.. we love to come here even more ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Date of experience: March 2019
2  Thank virelyat
Reviewed 20 February 2019

The Sydney store is not unlike its Japan counterparts although smaller but still with an extensive range of books in Japanese ,English and other languages.It started out as a timber and charcoal dealer in Yotsuya (near Shinjuku) and after the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923 moved to Shinjuku (Tokyo) and became a book store. The major stores in Tokyo are usually over multiple floors with just about every book published in Japan and quite a few in English.This visit was to seek out a specific book and it was in stock.Kinokuniya has over 80 stores world-wide and is proff that books stores still exist.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed 20 January 2019

Huge bookstore on the top level of the Galeries Shopping Centre in Sydney CBD. Impressive collection of English and Japanese books, manga and magazines. They also have a large collection of art and design books, as well as Japanese stationery, collectible toys and merchandise. Itโ€™s heaven for me, especially since we donโ€™t have anything like this in Toronto (well, Chapters/Indigo have very different products than Kinokuniya). I found the store to be well organized and neat - easy to walk around and look for items.

Book-lovers, donโ€™t miss this place when you visit Sydney!

Also, Black Star Pastry, with the famous Watermelon Cake, is located inside the bookstore.

Date of experience: November 2018