Open today: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Review Highlights
My soul is at home here!

Incredible bookshop. Truely the best on the planet! I wish we had one in Melbourne. I’ve visited... read more

Reviewed 14 March 2023
Mynotaur
Whittlesea, Australia
via mobile
Outstanding bookshop

This is an outstanding bookshop in the heart of Sydney. Whatever your interests you are likely to... read more

Reviewed 23 December 2022
Bartonbears
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews non fiction large collection bookstore manga browsing galeries comic purchase
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 October 2018

This Sydney branch of Kinokuniya bookshops is far better laid out than the Singapore shop. Whereas I found the Singapore store confusing and not book location friendly (despite assistants to guide you) the Sydney shop I found extremely easy to navigate.

The range of books was greater than Dymocks, Sydney. Also that the prices asked were significantly cheaper than Whitcoulls NZ - as I discovered by going to Whitcoulls on-line. This despite the variation in exchange rates !! Also I noted that the range of Manga and similar comics was especially well catered for.

This bookshop is outstanding and if you are looking for a particular genre - the place to go.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

This bookstore is super complete and awesome (literally i could sleep inside lol) and whenever i try to find a spesific book I never ask their staff because I search through their website since their bookshelf code is 100% always accurate..

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Just visiting, killing time and looking for books is joyful time!
Also, they hell a many types of events around once a week.
If I have time, I'd like to join ones.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The bookshop was where I would be happy to spend a whole day there. It was spacious and the interior design would encourage reading. There were a large variety of books in English, Japanese and Chinese; there were also a lot of magazines as well. I bought a book about Chinese Medicine; it was one that my brother couldn't find in Hong Kong. I am so happy to recommend this bookshop to other people.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank Diana_Chow
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I stopped going to the store after the invasive bag check. They take the bags from you and dig through the staff you have inside. I don't think this is legal.

Date of experience: June 2018