Open today: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
My soul is at home here!

Incredible bookshop. Truely the best on the planet! I wish we had one in Melbourne. I’ve visited... read more

Reviewed 14 March 2023
Mynotaur
Whittlesea, Australia
via mobile
Outstanding bookshop

This is an outstanding bookshop in the heart of Sydney. Whatever your interests you are likely to... read more

Reviewed 23 December 2022
Bartonbears
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews non fiction large collection bookstore manga browsing galeries comic purchase
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The bookshop was where I would be happy to spend a whole day there. It was spacious and the interior design would encourage reading. There were a large variety of books in English, Japanese and Chinese; there were also a lot of magazines as well. I bought a book about Chinese Medicine; it was one that my brother couldn't find in Hong Kong. I am so happy to recommend this bookshop to other people.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank Diana_Chow
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I stopped going to the store after the invasive bag check. They take the bags from you and dig through the staff you have inside. I don't think this is legal.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Normally I would pick independent bookshop over the chain one, but this one is an exception. It is a spacious bookshop with wide range in terms of different genres but also different languages. It has a small section for stationary which are all really cute. One small improvement Kinokuniya can do is to use paper bags to wrap books instead of plastic bags please.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank shanea76
Reviewed 7 November 2017

What a great bookstore, especially if you are interested in manga! but even if you aren't there are books for everyone. They also have some very interesting novelty gifts as well as pens and stationery. It's a very nice place to spend a few hours.
There's also a great noodle restaurant right next door

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This is always a must stop when we are in Sydney. One of my favourite bookstores in the world - extremely well stocked with anything from art books to graphic novels and from fiction to travel or cooking books. Whatever you are after, they are bound to have it here.

Date of experience: October 2017