Open today: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Review Highlights
My soul is at home here!

Incredible bookshop. Truely the best on the planet! I wish we had one in Melbourne. I’ve visited... read more

Reviewed 14 March 2023
Mynotaur
Whittlesea, Australia
via mobile
Outstanding bookshop

This is an outstanding bookshop in the heart of Sydney. Whatever your interests you are likely to... read more

Reviewed 23 December 2022
Bartonbears
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews non fiction large collection bookstore manga browsing galeries comic purchase
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Kinokuniya is a beautiful book store with many genres like manga , sci fi etc,

however the price range would be $15 - $60 for some books so other than the prices its very convertient

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Books of many genres from manga and sci fi to picture books to non-fiction (although automotive was an omission), great book related merchandise and a wonderful café at the front too. Too hard to resist so don't try! And well worth repeat visits...

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is located on 2nd floor of the Galleries centre near Town Hall. I checked out the history section and was amazed by how many German history books they had. They also have a huge Japanese and Chinese section. Great store!

Reviewed 12 February 2017

Just a fantastic bookstore, very contemporary with everything from classics to graphic novels. What especially got my attention was the famous literature branded clothing - A Clockwork Orange hoodie or 1984 t-shirt anyone? There are also places to sit and peruse, and prices seemed moderately similar to most large bookstores. I forget if they had a coffeeshop (I visited August 2015) but wouldn't surprise me if they do. Located on the popular George Street so it's not difficult to find. Two thumbs up!

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed 3 February 2017

I am interested in and study art, architecture and design and Kinokuniya have a fantastic selection of books on these subjects to browse through. I also stock up on felt tip pens as they have a very good selection at reasonable prices.

Date of experience: January 2017