Open today: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Review Highlights
Comprehensive history selection

We love this store and it has an amazing selection of books, especially in the history section. It... read more

Reviewed 27 February 2021
wombatdavid
Hobart, Australia
Love bookshops!

Kinokuniya, the Japanese bookshop chain is ideally located opposite QVB in Sydney. It is more than... read more

Reviewed 3 November 2019
Nalini N
Greater Sydney, Australia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Sydney
from USD 243.59
More Info
from USD 72.54
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is located on 2nd floor of the Galleries centre near Town Hall. I checked out the history section and was amazed by how many German history books they had. They also have a huge Japanese and Chinese section. Great store!

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 12 February 2017

Just a fantastic bookstore, very contemporary with everything from classics to graphic novels. What especially got my attention was the famous literature branded clothing - A Clockwork Orange hoodie or 1984 t-shirt anyone? There are also places to sit and peruse, and prices seemed moderately similar to most large bookstores. I forget if they had a coffeeshop (I visited August 2015) but wouldn't surprise me if they do. Located on the popular George Street so it's not difficult to find. Two thumbs up!

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed 3 February 2017

I am interested in and study art, architecture and design and Kinokuniya have a fantastic selection of books on these subjects to browse through. I also stock up on felt tip pens as they have a very good selection at reasonable prices.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

The store in The Galleries is definitely an awesome store. It is big which means the selection is great. The layout and signage makes it easy to find your way, and if you don't be sure a friendly sales team will lend a helping hand.

My only negative comment is the security guard who makes you feel like you are being followed.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 31 August 2016

I stop going to this store because there is a creepy undercover pedo security guard that circles around the store and just stared down at people like they are doing something wrong. I'm a woman and I was trying to buy a pop up book for my nephews and it felt so uncomfortable to have this undercover security man lurking and watching. Needless to say I didn't know he was security until I mentioned the strange behaviour to staff. It's really sad that one person can change the tone of the environment, it could of been great.

Date of experience: August 2016