Open today: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Review Highlights
My soul is at home here!

Incredible bookshop. Truely the best on the planet! I wish we had one in Melbourne. I’ve visited... read more

Reviewed 14 March 2023
Mynotaur
Whittlesea, Australia
via mobile
Outstanding bookshop

This is an outstanding bookshop in the heart of Sydney. Whatever your interests you are likely to... read more

Reviewed 23 December 2022
Bartonbears
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews non fiction large collection bookstore manga browsing galeries comic purchase
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Good bookstores are now a thing of the past in most cities. The Internet is killing books. I'm glad there are still a few good bookstores around. I've been to a few branches of Kinokuniya in other cities and they tend to be nice and big.
This one is on the second floor of the Galleries at George street. Spread over a large single floor space, they have a decent selection of books. I picked up a few books.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 4 June 2016

Went into this shop on the recommendation of a friend, and I will now recommend it to others. I have been looking for a specific book on art for some time, with no success, and they had it. Also spent a lot of time in the cooking section which covers any sort of technique you would want. So much more to see but I ran out of time, will go back soon. Go for a browse, or to find something specific.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Books and desserts = great combination!
Desserts = Black Star Pastry = Double Happiness.

Winter in Sydney is wet and miserable. The best cure? A great book from Kinokuniya with a cup of hot chocolate AND a good cake. Needless to say, Black Star is doing exceedingly well at this location. I don't have to travel to Newtown to get my favourite watermelon rosewater cake! They are available right here at Town Hall.

It is a great place to catch up with friends and enjoy a piece of cake while you are here.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

If you are not a book lover, this place might just change your mind! It's a really large store, well organised into various sections and high quality collection of books. As a avid reader of graphic novels and manga I spent an hour on that floor and was not done exploring it all! There's some nice merchandise as well (tshirts, toys) and a small cafe on the way out on the top floor. The staff were very helpful in pointing me straight to specific books I was looking for.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

This book store in the city of Sydney is one of my favourites. It has a wonderful variety of books for sale and also has very helpful, friendly staff. I highly recommend you visit it soon.