Open today: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Review Highlights
My soul is at home here!

Incredible bookshop. Truely the best on the planet! I wish we had one in Melbourne. I’ve visited... read more

Reviewed 14 March 2023
Mynotaur
Whittlesea, Australia
via mobile
Outstanding bookshop

This is an outstanding bookshop in the heart of Sydney. Whatever your interests you are likely to... read more

Reviewed 23 December 2022
Bartonbears
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews non fiction large collection bookstore manga browsing galeries comic purchase
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

If you are not a book lover, this place might just change your mind! It's a really large store, well organised into various sections and high quality collection of books. As a avid reader of graphic novels and manga I spent an hour on that floor and was not done exploring it all! There's some nice merchandise as well (tshirts, toys) and a small cafe on the way out on the top floor. The staff were very helpful in pointing me straight to specific books I was looking for.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 12 May 2016

This book store in the city of Sydney is one of my favourites. It has a wonderful variety of books for sale and also has very helpful, friendly staff. I highly recommend you visit it soon.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 4 May 2016

It is a must go place every time I go into city. I love the Chinese books in store. A lot of varierties in there. It is good to spend a whole afternoon in the store too.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed 18 March 2016

My wife and I visited the Kinokuniya specifically to enquire about some Japanese books written in Japanese. Not only did we receive excellent personal service, but also we quickly became aware that the book store stocks an enormous range of books on any subject you could possibly think of, backed up by very knowledgeable and helpful staff in their particular specialities. We were impressed that where they had multiple copies of a book that just one was available for browsing, while the rest were vacuum-sealed for purchase of an unbrowsed book.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed 9 March 2016

This is my one stop shop for nearly everything when I come for my annual visits to Sydney. Join the membership and get 10% off! They stock just about anything and have a nice little coffee-shop attached inside too.

Date of experience: January 2016