“Old beauty”
Review of Capitol Theatre

Capitol Theatre
Ranked #16 of 554 things to do in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Sydney's beautiful historic Capitol Theatre is host to world class musicals, theatre, ballet, concerts and performers.
Reviewed 16 October 2017

A classic! Stars on the ceiling , sculptures of David etc.
Plenty of room between seats for my long legs. The seats are old style so could be improved by padding.
The performance we saw of My fair lady, an oldie, was beautifully performed and splendid to look at. Good fun! The audience all loved it and came out singing and uplifted by it. I know I did with my friend. We chatted with others coming out so low they felt that way too.

1  Thank chris201118
in 14 reviews
"chorus line"
"plenty of leg room"
in 8 reviews
"great view of the stage"
"parking station"
in 7 reviews
"special effects"
"set design"
"my fair lady"
in 13 reviews
"box office"

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We saw My Fair Lady on Saturday night. It's a terrific old theatre, we sat in the stalls in the middle half way down, very good view of the stage. The seats are pretty old from a comfort perspective but it is part of the experience with an old theatre. We have been to shows here before and will be back to see another. Note, if you want to park in the carpark next door get there early as it fills up quickly. The $flat rate kicks in at 6pm. We were there early as we went for a meal prior. The only slight negative was the slowness getting served at the bar, it wasn't busy but the staff didn't seem to know who was next to be served, probably just inexperienced. Otherwise all good, we enjoyed the theatre experience.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had a rare date night out to dinner first then came here to see a beautiful production of My Fair Lady.
It was amazing !

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I've been to Capitol Theatre multiple times, and it never fails to disappoint! The architecture is amazing, the décor inside is stunning, and if in the intermission of a play, you can stroll down to the candy bar at the bottom and peek to see where the band plays, and the instruments. So far my favourite shows have been at this theatre, such as The Lion King, and My Fair Lady.

1  Thank StephanieJM01