“a really decent pub”
Review of Royal Albert Hotel

Royal Albert Hotel
Ranked #33 of 250 Nightlife in Sydney
Reviewed 18 September 2017

excellent range of beers, good and prompt bar food and dinner seating area. Asian inspired, excellent duck pancakes, great wings and some good dim sum.

nothing fancy, just an honest place, well priced, friendly staff.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Decent pub food and loved the asian menu. I'll have to go back several times so that I can try everything! The duck pancakes were amazing and so was the hot dog was packed with topping.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

What a great Pub. Not only did it have a great warm welcoming feel but had a wonderful selection of craft beers and staff to match. Had a few beers and lunch there. Went and tried elsewhere and can back for a few more. Felt very comfortable and enjoyed talking to the local. Tucked away do yourself a favour and look it out. Will be back

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Found this gem in Surry Hills great atmosphere and staff very friendly. Mick the owner was there keeping an eye on things great bloke. Can recommend the expresso cocktail and the mulled cider smelt great. We will be back

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

On a recent rainy day, I felt like having lunch and a few beers in a local pub and did a quick search, finding the Royal Albert Hotel. I ordered the Royale burger (cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, and sauces) with the poutine chips. It was delicious! I also ordered a beer. I found a quiet corner and was content to read my book and enjoy my food and beer. Nobody bothered me in the mid afternoon, and I ended up ordering another beer to enjoy the atmosphere a little longer. It was a great way to pass a rainy day and I'd recommend this spot to anyone on the area. They had a lot of beers available both on tap or in cans, and a pub style menu with different burgers and hot dogs.