“Treated so badly. ”
Review of The Cliff Dive

The Cliff Dive
Ranked #193 of 250 Nightlife in Sydney
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I have been to Cliff Dive many times in the last few years, it's often a regular place to end the night dancing and always good drinks and music. Unfortunately in the recent year or so I have only ever had the worst experiences here with the door staff.

Without going into great detail and ranting, recently I have had sober friends kicked out for no reason by security guards refusing to explain their reason. Door staff being incredibly rude to myself and seeing her rude to other groups.
The last time I went my friend and I were treated so rudely. I politely requested my money back from the entry free. After walking up the stairs up to Oxford St (alone) a security guard literally chased after me yelling and demanding I come back (presumably) so that he could have a go at me. I said no and kept walking faster. He continued to follow me until I turned around and said no I'm on a public road. I felt so unsafe and so violated.

At no point in the night was I rude or non-cooperative. All I did was leave when friends were treated badly.

The security guards and door staff are clearly on a power trip. Please avoid if you actually want to end your night on a happy note. I'm hearing similar experiences as this so so often from people.

It's such a shame - this place used to be a personal fave!

3  Thank Venture660472

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

The way I was treated at this venue was absolutely disgraceful. I was driving so I was sober. My friends had just gone inside, I was refused entry and I was not even allowed to explain to my friends what had happened. I felt unsafe when I was asked to move 50 metres from the venue which is not right for a female alone late at night. The security guards really need some training or a more rigorous screening process needs to be undertaken when hiring guards. The guards were disrespectful, aggressive, and the whole incident was so unnecessary. A complete power trip. What a shame that the guards let this venue down. Absolutely disgusting to treat your customers this way. Head elsewhere if you wish to be treated like a human being.

3  Thank Emma M
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Worst experience. Don't go here. Overpriced drinks and bad service. Went to celebrate a friends birthday. Started dancing after 3 drinks. Told they were watching me on the dance floor... creepy. Security kicked me out... wish they had a breath tester. #notintoxicated

5  Thank mandy08031970
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Walking down to basement level you know the vibe is different. The decor resembles a hot sweaty night in a tropical Asian inspired bar somewhere on a long ago holiday.
The cocktails are funky and good.
Staff are friendly and the crowd is mixed.
The tunes are a hit and miss, spooling your rhythm on the dance floor a times.
A nice venue to have an interesting night out