Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Damian B
Bondi, Australia
New Owners and a lot more friendly!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Feb 2023via mobile
The pub has new owners and is a great place to visit, friendly staff and a more local feel with a great range of beers and craft beers. The evenings trade is relaxed and not as troublesome as it once was, they now also have outdoor seating which is great.
Date of stay: June 2022Trip type: Travelled with friends
Room service
1.7 km from O'Malley's Hotel
1.5 km from O'Malley's Hotel
View more hotels in Sydney
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2020 via mobile

I say racist because I can only think that's the only reason why someone would be so rude .she seemed to take offense when ordered a drink, I don't know why .every time I ordered a drink they would get to further away . I had some good times when I went in there ,apart from this at the best very inadequate bar maid

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank joycejohnboy
Reviewed 3 December 2019 via mobile

I was staying at Holiday Inn Kings Cross and was told it was a nice place to visit. Upon arriving I was denied entrance because the security staff said I was intoxicated and I never even had 1 drink. They were very rude to me and I would NOT recommend this establishment!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank N8766NYpaulm
Reviewed 22 November 2018 via mobile

I bought 2 drinks with my bank card and they charged me for 3.. never pay by card here.. they will rip you off.. great pub but dont use your bank or credit card here.. cheap drinks but they rip people off..

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank johnnybegood2007
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Always stay in this place when i come to Sydney. This building was built more than 100 years ago, room with high ceiling and old furnitures but all well maintained. Clean budget room, all rooms have private bathroom, good price comparing all hostels nearby, every room seperated with thick wall but it could be noisy sometimes from the pub downstair and loud talking of people on the street. Nothing fancy but has kettle, refridge, hair dryer, tv, strong shower, very good location in Sydney's famous surburb "king cross" known as red light district, only 15-20min walking to CBD and train station within 100 meters away. No elevator, no wifi, no reception at all times but easy check-in at the pub downstair, 2-3 times a week for cleaning service.

If u look for a budget stay then i would recommend to stay here than in hostels!!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank rajaKATIL
Reviewed 24 August 2018

It was perfect for what I needed, a bed for one night in central Sydney. I literally checked in and crashed out, woke up the next morning and left. At the ground floor is the famous O'Malley's Bar, it was full on Saturday night and people were having a good time. I was shown my room upstairs and tidied up and went straight to sleep. I didn't hear a thing, nor the music from the bar below the place is fairly well insulated for noise from the Bar. For what I needed, it was perfect. The room on the second level was large and clean, had a television and a good shower. I slept through the night, got up early the next morning and tried to leaf. There was no one around, the whole place was closed up. So you have to let yourself out and leave the key in a handy spot. Overall it was ok for what I needed.

Date of stay: August 2018