Lowest prices for your stay
USD 147
Free cancellation until 05/02/22
Hotels.comUSD 147
PricelineUSD 144
TravelocityUSD 147
All reviews grand room darlinghurst road close proximity the location is perfect cafes kitchenette shutters sink cbd
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The room seemed small for our mountain of luggage (we're nearing the end of a six-week trip with several different wardrobe requirements), but had we had one bag each, I'm sure we'd have been happier here. Also, coming as we did from Bangkok, where we had a HUGE suite for $50, the price seemed high. Now that we've been in Oz ten days and are getting over the sticker shock, I realize how much value Medusa represents here.

The guys in the office couldn't be more helpful and accommodating, offering great advice and support, and the location is very good as well.

Date of stay: June 2014
1  Thank SkykomishBob
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful 2 night stay at the Medusa before relocating overseas. It s a gorgeous boutique hotel in Darlinghurst, close to some lovey cafes, bars and restaurants. The rooms are divine, the staff are just so friendly and helpful and it is within walking distance to the shops on Oxford Street, restaurants and bars on Crown Street and the beautiful Elizabeth Bay waterfront. I would highly recommend it and will definitely stay again when we are next back in Sydney.

Date of stay: May 2014
3  Thank Joby_1972
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I just returned from a five night stay at the Medusa. What an absolute delight! The location is perfect. A ten minute walk into town, or the restaurants of Surrey Hills or Potts Point. The rooms are spacious, spotless and I never heard any noise from outside or other guests. The kitchenette is ideal for snacks and coffee. The highlight of Medusa, indeed the whole holiday, was Luke. He is the perfect representative of the Medusa. From the warmest welcome, a chat about the day, to a tour guide, he recommended the best places for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a trip to Cockatoo Island for the Biennale of Sydney. We can't wait to stay at the Medusa again.

Date of stay: May 2014
2  Thank Car0line_Walker
Reviewed 22 April 2014

As a 2-3 time a year visitor to Darlinghurst I decided it was time to stay at the gorgeous Medusa and I wasn't disappointed. My husband accompanied me on this trip and while the room was quite small it was adequate. Loved the nice little touches, Lindt chocolates and Aesop toiletries.
Comfortable bed and windows that open, allowing fresh air in at night, is wonderful, beats air
conditioning any day. However, 2 women staying opposite decided at 1.30am to open the doors
to their balcony and proceeded to have a loud conversation which woke us up. A call to reception at 2am and problem was solved. Medusa is close to wonderful restaurants and the Kings Cross train station. Walking distance to all the boutiques in Oxford Street and Paddington Market, which operates on Saturday. Luke is a wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable host, nothing is too much trouble. Can't wait to stay here again.

Room tip: Rooms opening onto courtyard are away from road noise
Date of stay: April 2014
1  Thank suepnz
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My partner and I had planned our 'trip of a lifetime' to Australia for three years, and chose the Medusa for the Sydney portion of our stay. Everything about the Medusa was top notch. Centrally located in Darlinghurst, it was walking distance to restaurants, bars, nightlife and sightseeing. Accommodations were modern, spacious and comfortable, bathrooms included Aesop toiletries, and our king size bed was extremely comfortable. Best of all, our host Luke was welcoming, knowledgeable and wonderfully warm and friendly, offering tips on best ways to get around, great local restaurants, and how to best protect ourselves against the Aussie Summer sun, who was an especially cruel mistress. Luke and Baz Luhrmann were right...don't forget the sunscreen! Overall, an incredibly positive experience that really delivered, and only made us want to plan a follow up trip to Sydney and the Medusa.

Date of stay: December 2013