“What a lovely way to spend a morning ”

BlueBananas Electric Bike Tours
Best of Manly Guided Electric Bike Tour
Ranked #10 of 252 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: G'day and welcome to BlueBananas, home of the best guided electric bike tours in Sydney. Guaranteed. Our guided electric bike tours are an exciting way to experience Sydney. We will show you the best sights Sydney has to offer with one of our warm and friendly local guides. We'll provide everything you need for the ride and our groups are kept small so that you get the attention you deserve! With a variety of unique bike tours, private tours and bike hire. Why Electric? - For any fitness level - Pedal like a regular bike - Light weight electric motor - Power up hills without a sweat - Clean and green – no nasty emissions. Come by our store any time. Check out the e-bikes, ask us questions and book a ride. You can find us inside the Gaffa building with an award winning cafe out the front.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

I wanted a different way to see some of the city rather than the big red bus and this was perfect. There was only me on the tour but it was still really fun and informative. Ben was a great guide and clearly enjoyed his job. I'm sure the beautiful sunshine helped! The bikes were great, not sure I'll ever be able to go back to pedalling under my own steam!

BlueBananasAu, Front Office Manager at BlueBananas Electric Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Always difficult to head back to a regular bike, we hope you are coping! :)
Thanks for the top review!

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Brilliant experience with great guide. Riding through and round Sydney on hot day was a breeze on the superb electric bikes - effortless!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Making the most of a good day! Thanks for your review! :)

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Super flexible! I changed my tour time last minute and they even went out in the pouring rain (which was a blast). Very friendly and nice tour guide who took great pictures for me. We went to the iconic sites, but also some really awesome spots that only locals would know. Best time I had in Sydney!

BlueBananasAu, Front Office Manager at BlueBananas Electric Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

We love to ride, so glad the rain didn't ruin it! hope we can see you again :)

Reviewed 28 February 2017

A visit to Sydney is not complete without a BlueBananas bike tour. Thanks to BluePlanetTravel for introducing me to this exhilarating experience. Riding the electric-assisted bikes is a breeze. Connie is a patient and informative tour guide showing and explaining to us key sites around this beautiful city. I highly recommend this experience to visitors who want to see more than than common landmarks, such as the Opera House and the Harbor bridge, but also other hidden treasures around Sydney. Thank you BluePlanetTravel and BlueBananas Electric Bike Tours for a wonderful experience which will stay with me for life.

Thank you for the top review! Hope we can see you again, and have the other guys around as well! :)

Reviewed 28 February 2017

While in Sydney recently, and by myself, I was looking around for something a bit different to do when I came across Blue Banana Electric Bike rides and decided to give them a go and I'm so glad that I did.
It was a really enjoyable way of seeing Sydney in a much more close up way than you get with the busses and ferries etc. The bike was really easy to use which was a plus, because I'm 68 now and not quite as fit as I used to be, but I found it quite manageable.
You still have to pedal as with a normal bicycle but as soon as any effort is needed the electric kicks in to assist you. There are gears to use if want to but most of the time you don't need them. But all of this is explained in the pre-tour briefing.
Most of the ride was on cycleways or quiet streets but the couple of times we were in traffic, Alex, the tour guide, was constantly checking to make sure I was Ok and she was always giving very clear hand signals both to me and to the other road users. The special stop/go signals for cyclists on the traffic lights also gave a feeling of security.
We went round the Darling Harbour area of the city, including cycling over the bridge, which has a dedicated cycle pathway quite separate from the traffic, where we could stop if we wanted and take in the views.
I saw places that I never even knew existed and every now and then Alex would stop and talk about the area that we were in. In fact she was very informative about Sydney as a whole.
All in all, assuming you are fit enough to ride a bicycle, I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone. It was a quite wonderful and different way to see the city and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Thank you for the wonderful read, I'll pass the compliments on to Alex, Im sure she will love to hear them! Hope we can see you again :)