“A visit to Sydney is incomplete without a BlueBananas bike tour!”

BlueBananas Electric Bike Tours
Best of Manly Guided E-Bike Tour
Ranked #10 of 245 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: G'day and welcome to BlueBananas, home of the best guided electric bike tours in Sydney. Guaranteed. Our guided electric bike tours are an exciting way to experience Sydney. We will show you the best sights Sydney has to offer with one of our warm and friendly local guides. We'll provide everything you need for the ride and our groups are kept small so that you get the attention you deserve! With a variety of unique bike tours, private tours and bike hire. Why Electric? - For any fitness level - Pedal like a regular bike - Light weight electric motor - Power up hills without a sweat - Clean and green – no nasty emissions. Come by our store any time. Check out the e-bikes, ask us questions and book a ride. You can find us inside the Gaffa building with an award winning cafe out the front.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Mansfield, Ohio
“A visit to Sydney is incomplete without a BlueBananas bike tour!”
Reviewed 28 February 2017

A visit to Sydney is not complete without a BlueBananas bike tour. Thanks to BluePlanetTravel for introducing me to this exhilarating experience. Riding the electric-assisted bikes is a breeze. Connie is a patient and informative tour guide showing and explaining to us key sites around this beautiful city. I highly recommend this experience to visitors who want to see more than than common landmarks, such as the Opera House and the Harbor bridge, but also other hidden treasures around Sydney. Thank you BluePlanetTravel and BlueBananas Electric Bike Tours for a wonderful experience which will stay with me for life.

Visited February 2017
BlueBananasAu, Front Office Manager at BlueBananas Electric Bike Tours, responded to this review, 9 March 2017
Thank you for the top review! Hope we can see you again, and have the other guys around as well! :)

Sidmouth, United Kingdom
“A wonderful and different way to see the city.”
Reviewed 28 February 2017

While in Sydney recently, and by myself, I was looking around for something a bit different to do when I came across Blue Banana Electric Bike rides and decided to give them a go and I'm so glad that I did.
It was a really enjoyable way of seeing Sydney in a much more close up way than you get with the busses and ferries etc. The bike was really easy to use which was a plus, because I'm 68 now and not quite as fit as I used to be, but I found it quite manageable.
You still have to pedal as with a normal bicycle but as soon as any effort is needed the electric kicks in to assist you. There are gears to use if want to but most of the time you don't need them. But all of this is explained in the pre-tour briefing.
Most of the ride was on cycleways or quiet streets but the couple of times we were in traffic, Alex, the tour guide, was constantly checking to make sure I was Ok and she was always giving very clear hand signals both to me and to the other road users. The special stop/go signals for cyclists on the traffic lights also gave a feeling of security.
We went round the Darling Harbour area of the city, including cycling over the bridge, which has a dedicated cycle pathway quite separate from the traffic, where we could stop if we wanted and take in the views.
I saw places that I never even knew existed and every now and then Alex would stop and talk about the area that we were in. In fact she was very informative about Sydney as a whole.
All in all, assuming you are fit enough to ride a bicycle, I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone. It was a quite wonderful and different way to see the city and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Visited February 2017
Thank you for the wonderful read, I'll pass the compliments on to Alex, Im sure she will love to hear them! Hope we can see you again :)
San Francisco, CA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best way to see Sydney!”
Reviewed 28 February 2017

The tour was one of the better bike tours I have taken. The electric bike made the tour all the more enjoyable. Connie was a great tour guide! Information was detailed and overall just a great experience.

Visited February 2017
Thanks for the compliment! Hope you can join us on tour once more! :)
Covina, California
“Great Tour Company”
Reviewed 28 February 2017

While in Sydney we hired this company to tour Sydney. This is the best way to see a city; very little effort with electric bikes, intimate and slower look at the city, not to mention Connie was an excellent tour guide. I'm 69 years old and found this to be a wonderful experience.

Visited January 2017
Thanks so much for the wonderful review! I hope we can see you again :)
Solihull
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Such fun! A great way to see the city”
Reviewed 22 February 2017

As a keen cyclist back home in the UK - my husband was keen to get in the saddle and see Sydney on two wheels. My compromise with him was that I could do it with him on an electric bike. So we discovered Blue Bananas....and from us booking with Michael to us going on the 3 hour tour with Alex - our whole experience was fabulous! The peddle assist bikes may take away the effort but certainly not the pleasure - and we were able to see the more hidden parts of Sydney that we would never have found on our own.

What's more - Alex was able to give us the history of the sights and took several photo's which she then emailed us within an hour of finishing the tour.

The highlight of the tour was cycling over the Sydney Harbour Bridge and back taking in the 'secret garden'. We spent 4 days in Sydney and this was our last activity before boarding a cruise ship bound for New Zealand. This is a small, privately owned company and they go out of their way to accommodate clients. Given our tour was on a Sunday morning, they even stored our luggage and ordered us a taxi to get to the port on time. I can't recommend this tour enough - simply the best way to see Sydney on two wheels!

Visited February 2017
BlueBananasAu, Front Office Manager at BlueBananas Electric Bike Tours, responded to this review, 23 February 2017
We always try to take care of everyone the best we can, I'm glad Alex and the team did that for you! Hope we can see you again :)