“The Highlight of Our Trip”

Frontier Photographic Safaris
and up
Blue Mountains Custom Private Charter
Ranked #29 of 96 Food & Drink in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Custom Private Charter Trips to Sydney Blue Mountains and the Hunter Valley Let our expert guides design an exclusive experience your family or group will never forget, delivered in comfort and style in our luxurious Mercedes Passenger Van.
Reviewed 1 January 2017

During a recent trip to Sydney, we chartered a private tour with Frontier Photographic Safaris in order to get out to the Blue Mountains to take some photos and to explore. Craig picked us up in front of our hotel promptly as planned. After discussing what our preferences and main objectives for the trip would be, Craig did not disappoint in providing what would become "the perfect day out." Craig was very knowledgable about the area and the history of the surroundings. He took us to some of the premium photographic sites of the Blue Mountains and went out of his way to ensure that we arrived at the right time to get the best lighting and the best photos. Craig was a delight to get to know and to spend the day with. I would highly recommend that you book a private tour with Craig and Frontier Photographic Safaris if visiting Sydney and looking for a nice, convenient, and relaxing way to get out of the city to see the beautiful Blue Mountains.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

My husband and I charted Frontier Photographic Safaris for the day. As we had limited time in Sydney and wanted to spend our time experiencing the culture and sights, we decided to charter the day with Craig. This was money well spent! Craig picked us up at our hotel (based on our wake-up time) and after a chat to determine what we were interested in..he began plotting our day activities. He was keenly aware of the local traffic, wildlife habits and location on the perfect photo shot as he navigated our activities. While driving to the sights, he spoke of the local customs and sights as we passed interesting landmarks.
At the end of the day, we captured a beautiful sunset over the Blue Mountains and upon arrival back in Sydney he provided another viewpoint of the harbour which allowed us to take more shots of the city scape from a vantage point we would of never found on our own.
This experience was well worth the money spent. We love supporting local business both at home and while we travel. Upon our return to Sydney, we will charter Frontier Photographic Safaris again. Thank you again Craig for a wonderful personalised experience.

Craig F, Owner at Frontier Photographic Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Thank you too Frances, I too had a wonderful day. I appreciated your comments about the healthy lunch and the tips on photography from Kieth.
All the best for your return home.
Craig

Reviewed 9 December 2016

Craig is the owner of this small company and he was very knowledgeable. He went out of his way to make this a special day and he succeeded. We went to the Blue Mountains, returning a different route and saw the lovely sight of a mountain with a blue haze on it. We could not have had a better guide.

Craig F, Owner at Frontier Photographic Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2016

Dear Myrna
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very happy to have guided you to the Blue Mountains. I remember, it was a great day. Best Regards. Craig

Reviewed 8 June 2016

I would like to say something positive but am at a loss for words. Our experience was decidedly different from the other writers on trip advisor. Did not find anything of interest in the off road drive. Shown a termite hill and a digeradoo. Lunch was not enjoyable. We had planed on taking the river cruise backbut told we wouldn't be able to make it. It was not a good choice for us

Craig F, Owner at Frontier Photographic Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Dear BKL33458,

Thank you for the time you've taken to share this important feedback. I sincerely regret the disappointing experience you had! I'd like you and others to know that the company has since changed ownership and is making every effort to ensure only the best tour for our guests.

Namely, I've reduced driving times and identified the consistently top-rated restaurants available. I also hope that our decades of Blue Mountain expertise and dedication to the highest quality customer service will provide the informative and exciting time our guests expect from us. Certainly our itineraries now allow for the river cruise you had wanted to take.

While I cannot undo this unfortunate experience you've had, please know if you or a friend are ever in Sydney again, I would love the opportunity to provide, free of charge, the Blue Mountains tour you were hoping for. Just email or give me a call and we'll work it out. Thanks again.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

This week, my wife and I joined a very small group of visitors and had a thoroughly enriching tour of the Blue Mountains National Park and nearby attractions, led by Mr. Sam Lambrou, Frontier Photographic Safaris; web site: SydneyAdventureTours.com. All of the background information on the areas we visited and about Australia in general made our tour very special to us. We could not have picked a better, more authentic experience. Sam knows the region like the back of his hand, and has pin-point precision for keeping a schedule that would make many nations known for their punctuality quite envious. A stop at the Featherdale Wildlife Park on the way to the national park gave us a wonderful opportunity to see, feed, and even touch creatures such as young kangaroos and koala bears and see many other native species in a compact, beautiful setting. We were totally impressed that Sam masterly managed the driving and the imparting of knowledge, all in an entertaining, easy-going manner, and all by himself. That's very rare. Even more rare is that the 4-wheel drive vehicle Sam used took us to places in the canyon area of the national park not visited by any other tour group, and that we had a chance to walk through the rain forest by ourselves and see the lush vegetation in an up-close and personal way. This tour is not to be missed if you have at least one full day to spend in the Sydney area.

1  Thank MarkNCarolyn
Sam L, Owner at Frontier Photographic Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2016

Hi Guys,
Always great to hear from happy travelers, glad you enjoyed the Blue Mountains 4x4 tour, enjoy the rest of your holiday and see you next time your in Sydney.

Sam.