“Pizza and Pasta the standout”
Review of Da Mario

Da Mario
Ranked #418 of 6,739 Restaurants in Sydney
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Dined with family and really enjoyed the lively atmosphere. Service was great. Entrees was calamari then crab meat arancini. Talk about liven up the palate for more great food. Did not disappoint as we had the proscuitto and mozzarella pizza plus the veal ragu in fettuccine for mains. We ordered the pinot noir from the wine list as it was disappointing. Something worth getting more advice on the quality of the wines as this food is worth the effort having better matching wines.

2  Thank Mark U

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We went to Da Mario for dinner.
I was happily surprised by the taste of the Calzone Funghi! Usually in Sydney, I get always disappointed by pizza but this place knows how to make great pizza!
Will definitely go back

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We were after a local restaurant, not far from the airport, to take an international visitor for a quick meal. This far exceeded expectations. We shared entrees - the calamari and arancini balls - delicious. and for mains we had teh special gnocci with artichoke, a simple wood fired pizza and a ragu pasta - all were delicious. The service was fast and friendly, the decor suits it's warehouse vibe. I would definitely return - and it would be worth the longer drive (from home) to get there. We also had desert - the chocolate gelato and an amazing panacotta (although i noted they are also just around the corner from Gelato Messina HQ)

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Driving down Morley Ave we thought we were in an industrial area and then the restaurant came into view and then the street became residential....very unusual area.
As we entered Da Mario we liked the buzz and the decor. There's inside and outside seating and we had a table inside. The staff were very friendly, patient and helpful.
There's a main menu and a specials board. The restaurant is famous for it's pizzas so we shared one for an entree. I had pasta and others at our table enjoyed fish, steak, pizza and pasta. The desserts were excellent. The only downfall is that it was quite noisy and sometimes hard to hear the waitstaff.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

And boy am I kicking myself I didn't go early - its fantastic and the best pizza outside of Napoli I would say. That also might explain why I've always seen to packed from the outside.

I went for a business lunch on a Friday and was lucky to find a table - and now I know why. Would HIGHLY recommend the visit if your in the area or travelling through. I'm not sure who the chef is but whoever it is - is doing it well.

Can I say that pizza was mouth watering? I guess I can now....I had the gorgonzola;mozzarella, gorgonzola, mushroom and ham. A little pricing perhaps but absolutely worth it.