Lowest prices for your stay
ibis Budget
Fully refundable before Sat, 2 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews william street kings cross st vincent's hospital place to sleep walking distance small bathroom opera house wi fi public transport circular quay supermarket darlinghurst premier cafes bridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2023 via mobile

I was very impressed , especially with the friendliness and kindness of the staff. They were always ready to help. Especial shout out to Menad who was kind enough to offer me a more spacious room that suited my needs perfectly. I even had a far view of harbor bridge, very pretty.

The room was clean and house keeping took care of it every day during my stay. Location was good . I mostly walk to the most touristic spots and I felt safe at all times, even at night.

If I have to come, I’d definitely choose this hotel. You get a good value for money.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2023

My room was quite clean and bed very comfortable. Room was small and bathroom very small, but well presented, and functional. Good bedding and air condioner easy to adjust.
The position of the hotel is fairly close to public transport and about 1 kilometer from the central part of Sydney. No traffic noise from my room, but I did experience noise early in the morning from the corridor with Hotel cleaning staff talking quite loudly whilst cleaning or servicing nearby rooms which were probably vacated by early departing guests. The walls are not well soundproofed.
My booking included complimentary breakfast, but when I presented myself in the dining area in the morning at 9 a.m. I was informed that breakfast was only served between 7 am and 9 a.m. and had closed a few moments before I arrived there. I conveyed my disapproval to the Manager as I consider that is far too early for breakfast to terminate, and no mention was made at the time I checked in, but he just apologised and indicated that was hotel policy.
I travel to Sydney quite regularly and have stayed at this hotel previously as an Accor member but will not be returning to the Ibis Sydney East in the future.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Russell S
Reviewed 15 April 2023 via mobile

I Know it’s Budget, but REALLY?!
We didn’t expect this to be a luxury escape, but a few simple adjustments might make it more comfortable, and it was NOT clean.

I think this place used to be a Formula 1, so expectations were low, but first inspection of the bathroom revealed dried urine on the toilet seat.
There were splatters on the wall near the bed that look as if someone had emptied the contents of their nose.

As for comfort, the only positive was that the beds were clean and relatively comfortable, but don’t expect to sleep. Almost every door squeaks painfully when opened or closed / slammed, and there has been no attempt at soundproofing. Every footstep and conversation is amplified for your enjoyment, 24/7.

If you would like to sleep in the hotel version of a prison block, then this dump is perfect for you. Otherwise AVOID at all costs.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 329chrisn
Reviewed 14 April 2023 via mobile

Very small room. Our room on a cruise ship is bigger.
No safe
No closet
Two entrances, don’t use the William Street one. Use the Premier Lane unless you like walking up stairs, lots of stairs.
Staff uncooperative when it came to trying to use the washing machine. We ended up not being able to do our washing.
Checkout time is 10:00. A bit early
No face towels or flannels
No phone in room
No international news on tv.
Parking expensive and limited. Best not to have a car here.

Was anything good? Yes.
Great location
Supermarket just up the road
Easy walk to Circular Quay
Easy walk to downtown
Ironing board and iron
Clean

Room tip: Do not arrive at the William Street entrance. Vito the Premier Lane entrance.
Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2023 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 2.5 weeks during one of the busiest times in Sydney. The rooms were cleaned daily. The staff exceptional. The manager on duty incredible. I had a few hiccups as any traveller would at any hotel but once mentioned by me to the staff they without hesitation went beyond to ensure my stay was perfect. It isn’t the most glamorous or biggest or even the most sophisticated place but it was perfect for a solo guy like me travelling in Australia for Mardi Gras and site seeing. Other friends of mine ran into numerous problems beyond my challenges at other big chain hotels but this little place kept me going and made me very happy. I’d return anytime. It’s location is perfect for site seeing and a overnight sleep or daytime nap. Thanks to all the staff there that were amazing. See ya again soon I hope!

Room tip: Don’t have expectations and if you’re on a budget this place is for you. The staff made my stay incredible. Budget non glamorous hotel.
Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
IBIS Budget Sydney East, General Manager at Ibis budget Sydney East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2023

Thank you for all the comments and review about the hotel.