Open today: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Excellent quality, choices and prices

Opal Minded is a beautiful store as are the people. Miranda took so much time and patience showing... read more

Reviewed 25 August 2020
bestoftexas
Excellent Shopping Experience

Rockhounds has a wide variety of opals, many of them set in gold. But I've always been a lover of... read more

Reviewed 15 January 2020
233kim

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Sydney
from USD 247.01
More Info
from USD 73.14
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2019

WOW......there is so much to know about Opals and this guy ( Paul) knows his stuff. Thank you for taking the time to explain the differences and helping me in my decision. I have now returned home with the most beautiful Opal pendant and ring which my wife is over the moon about. After visiting 3 other shops I went with Rockhounds mainly due to the service, fantastic selection, quality and price. Thank you once again for being so patient and

Date of experience: November 2019
DeniseC3257, Manager at Opal Specialist Rockhounds, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2019

Thanks so much for your kind review. Hope you enjoy our product. and looking forward seeing you again in Sydney.

Reviewed 9 September 2019 via mobile

New, bright location just down the road... But same superb service and amazing selection of opals. Only place to visit for genuine knowledge & quality opals in Sydney.

Date of experience: August 2019

Thank you very much for your kind review. Hope you enjoy our products and looking forward seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 August 2019

I first met Paul and Dafang several years ago. I was so impressed with their knowledge, selection of opals and their personalized service. I look forward to visiting their new shop because I know I won't find a better opal dealer in Australia. You will be so pleased with the opals they help you select. Good price and excellent quality.

Date of experience: September 2018

Reviewed 3 August 2019

Some 18 years ago I received a gift of a beautiful and unusual Queensland opal pendant purchased from Rockhounds in Sydney. It always drew ooh's and ah's not only because of the stone and its lovely silver casing, but the clever way that a drizzle of silver bisected the length of the stone to hide a crack in it. Altogether an art piece. Just a few years ago I discovered that a good friend and neighbor of mine regularly got gemstones through a sister and brother-in-law living in Sydney, and that they were visiting her. I met them over brunch, and casually asked them if they knew of this jewelry store in Sydney, and was blown away to find out that they were the owners! It was lovely meeting you, Paul and Dafong, and connecting one of my favorite pieces of jewelry with your store :).

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 31 July 2019

My husband and I purchased some earrings while on Christmas vacation and unfortunately several months later I noticed that one of the stones had fallen out. I contacted Denise at Rockhounds and without hesitation she said she would replace the stone for me at no charge. I sent the earrings back to Sydney from the US and they were returned within a month. This all went on while Rockhounds was relocating to their new storefront at 71 George St. Very impressive customer service! We will definitely be repeat customers! #rockhounds

Date of experience: January 2019

Thank you very much for your kind review. We did what we can to help our customer. Hope you enjoy our products and looking forward seeing you again.