“The BEST Italian Food in the cosiest setting”
Review of Caffe Roma

Caffe Roma
Ranked #687 of 6,912 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: USD 14 - USD 25
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Kings Cross
Description: Owned for more than 30 years by the Tozzi family this has become an institution on the Sydney dining scene which is located in Kellett St Potts Point This culinary Sydney Institution has served many people throughout the years from Australia and all over the world, it still remains one of Sydney’s original Italian restaurants and is a regular meeting place for its loyal and well-established clientele who love to immerse themselves in the vibrant atmosphere in what is considered to be the heart of the Italian community. Our greatest strengths are Caffe Roma’s tradition of quality Italian food and ingredients. We only use fresh ingredients and of the finest quality. We source organic produce wherever possible to bring you the very best flavours. Being based in Potts Point, we are privileged to have access to some of the best local produce markets and Internationally imported goods that come straight from the plane to our restaurant. At Caffe Roma our primary aim is to satisfy our loyal customers and give them the classic Italian food for which they return again and again ……if something doesn’t take your fancy ask Danilo what’s (off) the menu or what the family is eating this evening We offer a relaxed but professional service, crayons to draw on the tablecloth while you wait (or to occupy the kids), there is a good selection of wine, some of the best Pizza in town and we guarantee that you will leave feeling a part of the family. Buon Appetito
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Gnocchi Gorgonzola is to die for.

Large and delicious pizzas.

Cosy setting and staff were friendly and attentive.

Dreaming about my next visit already!!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

A visit to Caffe Roma never disappoints. I celebrated my 60th here 2 years ago and decided to introduce friends to this great place. My favourite gnocchi with truffle is still on the menu and still fantastic. With a glass of red and some of nonnas peas its hard to beat. If you are in Kings Cross and want a freat meal without the huge price tag this is your place. Beautiful Italian food made with love.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank janecron
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

The location is great and we ate outside in the garden-like setting by the street... lovely ambiance. My husband enjoyed his beef ravioli but I chose the special penne... not a good choice. It wasn’t hot so I sent it back and it came back warm but not hot. Everyone else around us was raving about the food so I am sorry we are leaving and I can’t come back and try the gnocchi.... it was very well received by our table neighbours. The service was great.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I am not sure why this restaurant sits where it does. The people running clearly know a lot about Italian food and wine. They have created a dining experience with atmosphere and really good food in an area that would not be expected. OK if you go to the Rocks or some other ‘top quality’ spot you will pay for being there. Let me tell you that we deliberately booked an apartment in the Kings Cross area so we could find this sort of restaurant. Put simply the salad, pizza and wine was excellent and not overpriced. If we stayed in Sydney we would eat here a lot. Also, we were served by a really lovely young girl from France. Does eating out get any better?

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank Duquesadiner
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Quirky vibrant venue. Authentically prepared food. Great service. Lots of locals. Quality wines. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2018