“Understaffed ”

Ranked #112 of 334 Quick Bites in Sydney
Price range: USD 4 - USD 19
Good for: Bar Scene
Neighbourhood: The Rocks
Description: TThe Observer is an iconic Sydney Pub that has been around since 1848, when the Moore family originally ran the hotel. Fresh new life has been pumped into this classic Rocks bar, celebrating life’s greatest pleasures, eating and drinking. Located in the heart of the historical Rocks area, the hub (our public bar) offers a range of craft beers, on-tap cocktails with delicious, fresh flavours, whilst the curated menu has a classic style with a modern twist and a range of standard pub fare. There is something for everyone from tourists to locals alike.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We called in here whilst on holiday at The Rocks, it's a nice cosy pub. Beer prices are reasonable.

The barman was under the pump trying to serve everyone. One person as wait/clean up kept them both pretty busy.

Worth checking out.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 4 December 2018

We found the Observer which is just along from the Holiday Inn on the Rocks. The bar stocks a lot of real ales and the stout was great as was the upmarket cheese toasties and other food.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank stevemNewcastle
Reviewed 29 November 2018

Staff have the personality of a rock....be sure to study the Australian laws about where you can order drinks in a bar, mind you there are no signs to assist, but the bartender will rudely tell you where not to order. Also, don't forget to tell the bartender to give you a number....you will need this to close out your tab. When the bartender failed to give me one, the other bartender yelled out "what's your number?!?!". My confused look and response of not sure what she is talking about cause her even more frustration. Maybe calling ahead and getting the intel on their procedures would be a good idea. To top it all off, the cocktails were not that good.

1  Thank mikewowens
Reviewed 28 November 2018 via mobile

The barman was confrontational, informing us we were at a service area and we needed to order around the corner. A sign maybe? The music was 1970s Queen etc. Phew. Move on guys. On paying our bill, what number are you? Well they never gave us a number. Treated us like we were stupid for not understanding their system. Bizarre indeed haha
Tx

Reviewed 26 November 2018 via mobile

Misplaced, forgot or couldn’t be bothered cooking my meal so I’m left hungry.
Everyone at our table had finished eating by the time staff figured out what the problem was.
Asked what’s going on and I’m asked what do they want me to do?
I wouldn’t be writing this negative review if I was at least offered a complimentary drink whilst I waited but no.
Won’t be going back nor recommending anyone visit.