“Good tasting but overpriced”
Review of Charlie & Franks

Charlie & Franks
Ranked #65 of 349 Coffee & Tea in Sydney
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Really good tasting food - but a little overpriced. eg ordered hash brown as extra $3 - it was (and I kid you not) about 3cm in diameter!!! Apart from that the potatoe was 'gluey' ie over mashed - possibly even blended - or possibly even dried flakey potatoe use (offence against potatoes ) .

Staff member who seated and took coffee order - lovely. As to the waiter that delivered the food - lets just say can't wait for hipsters to realise they aren't actually cool - and perhaps service will improve in many establishments.

Service (from hipster) and overprice not bad enough to rate an average - but if I hadn't ordered the hash brown (and had another waiter) would have rated an excellent. Won't become a 'regular' even though I live 2 minutes around the corner.

Really busy - and because of that noisy - but obviously very popular.

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

I stop here for lunch whenever they have the $10 burger specials.

The pulled pork burger is probably the best thing on the menu but all of the food is of a high quality and I've never been disappointed.

Would be nice if they had more lunch options for $10 or less...

Reviewed 26 January 2017

I really love the vibe at Charlie and Franks. The staff are always very friendly and personable, and it feels good to be recognised when you return to a cafe a few times. I actually first came to try the coffee. Which was so good that it drew me back and my coffee order soon included cupcakes, juices, breakfast and even the odd lunch sometimes! Their food is always top notch and when you sit down to eat, they are very attentive. Now they are the only place I go for coffee in North Sydney.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I get takeaway from here most days because I work just across the street. I've had the tuna salad, the macro bowl, pulled pork sandwich and a few other things. They all feel healthy to eat and I never feel bad after. They all have great flavour. Service is a bit slow at times but overlook it if you want a healthy choice for lunch. Coffee is also very good, they use Pablo & Rusty's (which is confusing at first because the cafe is Charlie & Frank's). Coffee serve a bit small but very very good, meal size very good. A little expensive but worth it.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

I discovered this place while wandering down Castlereigh Street looking for a place to grab some breakfast. It was nice, and not too crowded, but then again it was mid-morning. I ended up grabbing the Bircher Muesli (I now know what the name was), and it was pretty nice. However there wasn't really anything about this place that seemed to be overtly fantastic. It was nice and and not too loud, the prices reasonable, and the staff friendly, but not really a place I would rush back to in a hurry.