“Great Atmosphere and Value”
Review of Maloney's Hotel

Maloney's Hotel
Ranked #1,305 of 6,569 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: USD 7 - USD 16
Cuisines: Irish, Australian, Pub
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Maloney's has all the warmth, heart and atmosphere as if it was transported from the Emerald Isle. Open 7 days a week, Maloney's has fantastic Bistro Meals, Irish Menu and drink and dining specials. Great destination to head into for a fun filled night with friends or a quite pint or two.
Reviewed 5 July 2016

In Sydney for work and found this great, inexpensive bistro.
Food and drinks cheap and great choice of menu with Steak under $15, delicious lamb shanks and drinks really great value.
Very popular spot with great atmosphere, friendly staff who really make customers feel welcome.
Great spot for a drink with friends or a delicious inexpensive meal.
Will be visiting next time in Sydney.

MaloneyHotelGroup, Marketing Department at Maloney's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2016

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at Maloney's Hotel and have passed on your feedback to bistro staff and management. We look forward to your next visit!

Thank you!

Reviewed 5 July 2016

Last minute booking for 50+ people - handled sooooo well and efficiently.
Everything was set up as promised, the food was fabulous and the staff extremely helpful and efficient.
Definitely will be using this venue again

Hi LadyJudi O,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Maloney's Hotel and have passed on your feedback to management. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

From the outside the restaurant looked promising when we walked in looked nice we went to order food and the staff where unbelievably rude and not helpful at all. We order pizza and chicken shnitzel the pizza was certainly not freshly made it was definitely oven made pizza from a box the chicken was not cooked properly it was still red . Overall my experience as a tourist staying in Sydney of this place was horrible I had one bite of the pizza and we left all our food on the table as we where just so angry and disappointed overall. It was our first day in Sydney and it was certainly our worst. The manager walked by and heard me complain and looked at me and walked on. Nothing was said when we got up with all our food still on the table practically untouched. Not a nice experience at all .

MaloneyHotelGroup, Marketing Department at Maloney's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Hi Ib5978,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoyed your dining experience and have passed on your feedback to bistro staff and management. Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss this further at promotions@maloneyhotels.com.au. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

I've been a couple of times with some friends on wednesday, the cider is amazing (as I hate beer) and the latin music night is a lot of fun.
The first time I went there, it was shortly before 10 and I was told the kitchen was closed (I didn't know food could be ordered until 10 pm).
I went there again yesterday and ordered the $10.95 offer, a Schnitzel with fries. It took around 20 minutes to get the order ready. The fries were fine, but the schnitzel was soggy and tasteless.

MaloneyHotelGroup, Marketing Department at Maloney's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Hi Sonia,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. Although we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our Latin music night, Salsaton, we are disappointed to hear about your meal at Maloney's Bistro. We have taken your feedback on board and have passed on to management. We hope that you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2016

i went for a quick bite for lunch. It was very quiet and only few customers were there. Paid in the counter for the food I ordered and then was waiting for the food to show up. After 40 mins I looked around and found people ordered after me already received their food.

I went to the counter and counter guy talked to the kitchen. I knew something's wrong and the worst part was the counter guy returned to the counter and acted as if he didn't see me and started doing his work. Finally after 50 minutes since I order, I ran out of patience and asked him to refund me my money which he gladly did without apologising.

This will be my first and last visit to this place, Keep out if possible.

Hi AR29-12,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at Maloney's Hotel and have passed on your feedback to management. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly to discuss this matter further at promotions@maloneyhotels.com.au. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank You.