“Average food but good service ”
Review of Sapore Della Vigna - CLOSED

Sapore Della Vigna
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

Very attentive staff who provided good service and food came out quick. Food was generous in serving size but unfortunately the flavor and taste just wasn't there. Prawns were yummy but the pasta was below average. The forum just isn't what it used to be

Reviewed 24 February 2015

Have been here numerous times in the past but not for about 2 years. We were here celebrating a birthday. It was nice, not too crowded. Ordered the salmon and asked for it to be not be raw in the middle and it came out the other extreme - so a little too crunchy for my liking. I also ordered a Toblerone cocktail and was served it without a straw! Otherwise the rest of the food was good. Salads a little on the small side. Hot chocolate very average. Too milky, needs more chocolate.

Reviewed 28 January 2015

Sapore at Italian Forum is a longtime family destination, and the food was once again excellent, though expensive. Save this for a special occasion, as we did. Good friendly and competent service, and great gelato options for dessert.

Reviewed 20 December 2014

This restaurant is definitely overpriced! It is unacceptable value for money as it only caters the disservice for the Italian community. We ordered our entreé & then shortly after we ordered our mains . Then they completely forgot about our table !!! We waited for an One Hour and half With no apologies or why it was taking so long for our food !! People were coming in to the restaurant , ordrer their food they get it before us & leave. When I questioned the waiter about our food , he could only say " I don't know I will see " & he never came back ! Another 20mins of wait & I asked again & finally we received our meals!!! It was unacceptable as there was no appologies or explanations to the delay & to top it off one of our main meals that was ordered "ravioli" had only "10 " little pieces in the dish !!! Yes 10 ravioli pasta pieces!! Utterly ridiculous to be charged $24.00 for it & they consider that as a "standard size "main meal!!! When I asked to speak to the manager to please explain it took another half hour for her to come to us only to tell me that it was handmade& it was the standard size !! Sorry Sapore but it is Unacceptable . I have never been in another restaurant where I have been served 10 pieces of ravioli as a main meal!!! Don't waist your money at this place as there are many more restaurants in Leichhardt
to choose from.

4  Thank Paulette A
Reviewed 26 November 2014

We dined here recently on a saturday night. The Italian Forum was dead, The (once busy) restaurant was mostly empty.

Service was very poor. Took ages to take our order. Breads were bought out with our entrees. My entree of Haloumi was rubbery.

The mains were all quite underwhelming.

No refills of water on the table.

Ended up paying $20 for corkage as we asked for new glasses for our red wine, the white wine glasses were still left on the table when the new ones where delivered.

Patrons are allowed to smoke which we questioned but its allowed the waiters said. It may be still ok by law but its disgusting for other patrons who are non smokers.

Dessert menus took ages to arrive.

All in all - a bad overpriced experience. Will not return.