“Unacceptable value for money!!!”
Review of Sapore Della Vigna - CLOSED

Sapore Della Vigna
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 20 December 2014

This restaurant is definitely overpriced! It is unacceptable value for money as it only caters the disservice for the Italian community. We ordered our entreé & then shortly after we ordered our mains . Then they completely forgot about our table !!! We waited for an One Hour and half With no apologies or why it was taking so long for our food !! People were coming in to the restaurant , ordrer their food they get it before us & leave. When I questioned the waiter about our food , he could only say " I don't know I will see " & he never came back ! Another 20mins of wait & I asked again & finally we received our meals!!! It was unacceptable as there was no appologies or explanations to the delay & to top it off one of our main meals that was ordered "ravioli" had only "10 " little pieces in the dish !!! Yes 10 ravioli pasta pieces!! Utterly ridiculous to be charged $24.00 for it & they consider that as a "standard size "main meal!!! When I asked to speak to the manager to please explain it took another half hour for her to come to us only to tell me that it was handmade& it was the standard size !! Sorry Sapore but it is Unacceptable . I have never been in another restaurant where I have been served 10 pieces of ravioli as a main meal!!! Don't waist your money at this place as there are many more restaurants in Leichhardt
to choose from.

4  Thank Paulette A

Reviewed 26 November 2014

We dined here recently on a saturday night. The Italian Forum was dead, The (once busy) restaurant was mostly empty.

Service was very poor. Took ages to take our order. Breads were bought out with our entrees. My entree of Haloumi was rubbery.

The mains were all quite underwhelming.

No refills of water on the table.

Ended up paying $20 for corkage as we asked for new glasses for our red wine, the white wine glasses were still left on the table when the new ones where delivered.

Patrons are allowed to smoke which we questioned but its allowed the waiters said. It may be still ok by law but its disgusting for other patrons who are non smokers.

Dessert menus took ages to arrive.

All in all - a bad overpriced experience. Will not return.

Reviewed 28 October 2014

We knew it was going to be a challenge to find something to eat on a Monday night in Sydney. However, we took a chance and went to the Italian Forum at Leichhardt and parked next door for 2 hours for free. The only restaurant open was Sapore Della Vigna. The four of us had different main meals and each was very good. The wait staff were excellent. The only drawback is smoking by other patrons.

Reviewed 22 October 2014

Some traditions are worth keeping, and it would be nice to think that Leichhardt can retain a reputation for fine Italian food. Some say the good old days have already passed. But Sapore Della Vigna is proof that there's life in the tradition yet.

Four of us had a lovely lunch on a beautiful Sydney spring. The food was excellent all around and the service was attentive and prompt. We had scampi linguine (nice fresh seafood), mussels and spaghetti (generous serving, well prepared), gnocchi with a gorgonzola sauce (nice, delicate gnocchi) and an old standby, veal parmigiana, which was tasty and substantial.

The dessert cakes were also delicious and not too sweet (more flavour than sweetness.

The meal, with BYO, was reasonably priced at $180 for the four of us. It was sad to see, on the day we visited, many empty tables. If Sydney-siders have bought the line that Leichhardt has lost the Italian touch, they'd be wrong to overlook Sapore.

Reviewed 13 October 2014 via mobile

I always find myself going back for their amazing crab risotto. The seafood platter was ok for its value. Staff is pleasant and atmosphere is great on a Sunday night.