Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
GingerbreadMan17
Market Drayton, United Kingdom

KAPOOKA, WAGGA WAGGA, FRIDAY 13TH APRIL 2007

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Aug 2013
Part 1.
Subtle and leave you to your own devices. After travelling non stop for 23 hours via "A" Absolutely 1st Class Out Of This World Singapore Airlines via Manchester International Airport and Changi Airport, Singapore we were delighted to enter such a calm place, that of tranquility and nurturing harmony. Near Sydney Cricket Stadium and Fox Film Studios was a dream come true.
Old fashioned Sassy Classy Boutique Hotel with an old fashioned antique little table with a glass cake holder and silver with the most appetizing of muffins on show. Relaxing and Comforting thoughts of reassurance entered our hearts.
Massive dreamy bed with old fashioned cotton raised squares sheet tucking you in to pleasant dreams. Mother and Child Oil Paintings, Fly, Mosquito screen door opening before opening main balcony door. The most ornate iron balcony railings I have ever seen with Wagga Wagga Iron Foundries sculptured into the design. Corrugated Tin Canopy, Old Australian Heritage.
Big fridge, TV, player with extensive choice of films for your perusal.Fridge and teas maid for your comfort. Lovely Powerful shower and beige walls of quality. Home from Home!
Pippa Is The Top Of The Tree Booking Agent For Hotels In The Sydney District based at this hotel who we were fortunate enough to have met and then give us a rather Amazing Surprise for the 3rd leg of our journey to come after Wagga Wagga (Crow Crow) and Kapooka (Place Of Winds). Thankyou Ever So Much Pippa, You and You made our journey 1ST Class All The way! Situated in Surrey Hills Where Kylie Minogue comes from who we saw perform Live at the Fabulous M.E.N Arena in Manchester 2011. It was, quite really a Marvelous, Memorable, Special Visit On A Night Like This. Especially for You!
Date of stay: July 2013
Room Tip: We stayed in a room at the front of the hotel upstairs downstairs! Just ask for Pippa and...
Trip type: Travelled with family
  • Booking.com
  • Vio.com
2.3 km from Park Lodge Hotel
View more hotels in Sydney
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2008

We stayed here in 2004 when it was a boutique hotel. It was tired but friendly then. Now it has been sold (and is for sale again) and is advertised as good long stay accommodation. I would not recommend staying here. We arrived after a 2 day flight from Canada to a dusty room which had never been cleaned, old used sheets on the bed, old food in the fridge, an uncleaned bathroom - I could go on. I went down to the shared kitchen and it was even worse - food everywhere, unemptied bins, completely frozen up freezer. Horrid, horrid, horrid. It is full of backpackers aged about 18. The place is completely disgusting. If you really don't care and want to be near Surry Hills, then great, but otherwise forget it.

Date of stay: June 2008
5  Thank lparker
Reviewed 24 April 2007

I would not recommend this hotel at all. I don’t mind an older establishment, but this place needs not only updating but a thorough cleaning. We had the King Superior Room, which included a private balcony which was an accident waiting to happen, overlooking a 6 lane highway that never stopped (not the sweeping park view as promised). From the moment you entered the hotel, you can smell a strong musty scent throughout the hotel and room. I thought the attendant was kidding when he said they charge $5.00 per movie from their ancient movie collection, but then I got in to the room to find they also charge you for the use of their room safe. In the past I’ve never changed rooms on a business trip or vacation, but I couldn’t stay there and insisted they look into not charging me the cancellation fee. They charged me a fraction, which was OK with me, I just wanted OUT. We only stayed the night, only because I already paid and to secure another hotel near Hyde Park. The place gave us the creeps. And remember, we had one of their “Superior” Rooms.

Date of stay: April 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pars97
Reviewed 13 January 2007

I booked to stay two nights at this hotel and stayed for about four hours.
The place is totally run down. I have to agree with previous comments about it needing a makeover. Would probably be better to demolish the place.
The place smells stale, the carpets furnishings and rooms are all totally out of date. Looks like they shopped at a yard sale to furnish the place.
They have the nerve to charge for almost everything they offer, internet, breakfast, video rental.
The place markets itself as gay owned and run. During the short time I was there I saw at least five straight couples.
If you are looking for gay accomodation avoid this place at all costs. If i was gonna stay in a straight hotel I preferred an upmarket chain closer to the city. Finally when I checked out the woman on reception didn't seem that bothered that I had only been there four hours and didn't question why I was leaving. Which makes me think it must be a regular occurence.

Date of stay: January 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank WarrenRWalker
Reviewed 16 April 2006

My partner and I stayed at the gay owned/operated Park Lodge Hotel for 7 nights in March/April '06. The hotel has a wonderful staff to assist you, is located in a nice residential neighborhood and was a good value for the money. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. Pros: price, staff, generally comfortable, good heat and a/c, and in close proximity to restaurants, grocery store, laundry, buses. Cons: older hotel with dated furnishings in need of improvement and update/upgrade, cleanliness was avg, musty smell, charges for basic breakfast and internet usage, and about 1 mile to Oxford Street. If you are interested in seeing Sydney, we would recommend a hotel that is closer to both Oxford Street and downtown Sydney, such as the Comfort Inn Cambridge Hotel (adj to Oxford), or any hotel around Hyde Park (equal distance of 4-8 blocks to Oxford and the hub of downtown).

Date of stay: April 2006
7  Thank Blondesteven
Reviewed 25 December 2004

Probably the friendliest hotel I have stayed at in all my travels. I think the staff really enjoy working there and it shows. Highly recommended.

10  Thank Travel17572