Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Agoda.com
AU$180
Breakfast included
Multiple ways to pay
Surya D
Hyderabad, India
Cozy hotel with tight rooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Feb 2024via mobile
The Vulcan hotel is cozy hotel near to UTS and the University of Sydney. The rooms are quite small and tight with fixed breakfast offering. Staff are friendly and the proximity to all popular destinations, restaurants and CBD may help someone overlook the hotel’s limitations. I have changed the rooms middle of my stay and they were happy to upgrade my room, which was a nice gesture on the hotel’s part.
Date of stay: February 2024
Room Tip: May not be comfortable for a longer stay
Trip type: Travelled with family
    AU$175
1.2 km from Vulcan Hotel Sydney
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Sydney
All reviews darling harbour boutique hotel central station powerhouse museum room was clean and comfortable min walk single room the ground floor mini bar public transport inner city would stay again early check uts wattle chinatown ultimo
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 February 2024

Overall a good experience. Room was clean and compact, got everything I need. Breakfast was good, might not have the most options but more than enough. Only complaint I have is the cleaning staff entering with do not disturb hanging outside.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 February 2024 via mobile

Our first stop in Australia was Sydney. We were looking for a nice little hotel in a good location to see all the main sights in Sydney and that wasn't too expensive. And that's what we found. (Although the prices in Sydney were probably higher than usual thanks to Taylor Swift)

However, we have to deduct one star because the room was more practical than cosy. Based on the pictures, we expected a little more space (yes, we only booked 17 square metres) and less of a 'basement feeling'.
We were also not convinced by the breakfast. The selection was limited to English breakfast. We especially missed fresh fruit.

Nevertheless, the Vulcan Hotel more than deserves its 4 stars as it is clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. They responded to our small complaint as quickly as possible and apologised several times.

If you are looking for a hotel with a great location and great staff, you will definitely find it here.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2024

It is our first time to stay in a boutique hotel and we were welcomed by very warm and friendly staff specially Cheska. As I made a mistake in my booking, instead of 2 QB in each room(we booked 2rooms) there was just 1QB but they tried to help and accommodate my family’s need and comfort. Location wise, it is very close and accessible to Chinatown about 8-10mins walk. The place is highly recommended. 5/5 stars!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2024

This hotel was in an excellent location, close to transport, easy walking distance to shopping mall, restuarants, cafes and local pub. The cafe/bar had a good range and the hot/cold breakfast options included was more than enough. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming and the umbrellas available to purchase at reception of only $7 was a great touch when we were not expecting rain! Rooms are very spacious and clean, great shower and the toiletries supplied were of good quality. A microwave in the room was also a good addition. This is a lovely, friendly boutique hotel that I would highly recommend. We will be back next time we are in Sydney

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 February 2024

I had a good and pleasant experience staying for a few days at this hotel.

The staff members were very friendly and tried to accommodate my requests. I also used the laundry service, which was not expensive (price per load). The breakfast was basic, but I cannot complain because it was free. Also, even though my room was on the ground floor, I felt safe and quiet with the double glazed window.

I would have appreciated it if a safety box were available, and I am not a huge fan of rain shower. However, these are minor issues, and perhaps I am asking too much given the price, which was on the cheaper side in Sydney.

It takes around 10 minutes from the station, but it is not too far.

Date of stay: November 2023