The Blue Parrot hostel is the best hostel that I have ever stayed in on my travels. After roaming around for nearly a year, arriving at the Blue Parrot was like coming home. The atmosphere is apparent on entering the building, the Blue Parrot family are there waiting with open arms (and a lovely cup of tea!)
As a single female traveler, the first night in a new place is always daunting, but I immediately felt so comfortable here.
There is everything you need.
- Hot power showers (they actually get the soap out of your hair - girls you all know how important that is!)
- A fully equipped kitchen. With hobs, grills and even 2 ovens! (By the end of my stay I was baking cakes and lots of us would cook shared dinners for each other)
- The nicest and cosiest living/common room I had ever come across in a hostel! There is cable TV, DVD's and even a Nintendo Wii!
- Dorms big enough to keep your stuff yet small enough to have a new group of friends within 10 minutes of arriving!
The security here is great and the location in Sydney is unbeatable, you can walk into the city in about 15 minutes and Bondi Beach is only 2 stops away!
There is always something going on and you WILL have a good night out with new friends, but the real joy of the Blue Parrot is that you will get a good nights sleep. Everyone goes out together around 11pm and if you're feeling tired or you have an early flight, you can settle down for a good night.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hostel to any of my friends. If you go to Sydney, you must stay at the BP!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Parrot Backpackers is located in the most cosmopolitan part of inner Sydney City (akin to Soho in London and East Village in NYC) and is only minutes walk from the heart of the city, offering vibrant nightlife, clubbing, trendy cafes, bars, restaurants and all the tourist attractions. A friendly hostel run by sisters Effie and Sasha, known for its social atmosphere and warm welcoming staff where you can easily meet other travellers, especially if you're travelling solo. Guests can relax in the large outdoor courtyard or the indoor lounge area, the perfect places to socialise. Blue Parrot is 5 minutes walk from Kings Cross train station. The City Centre, Royal Botanic Gardens, the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge are less than 20 minutes walk away. To make your travels easier reception can organise exciting day trips to the Blue Mountains, Surfing lessons, Skydiving, Whale watching, Wine tasting and more .... AGE RESTRICTION: Adults only 18-35 years old in dormitory rooms. ___________________________________________________________ PROPERTY FACILITIES: FREE Wi-Fi ! Available in all areas and is free of charge. Close to Train Station - Courtyard - BBQ - Tour desk - Luggage storage - Lounge/TV - DVD - In-house movies - Playstation - Wii - Photocopying/Scan - Computers - Kitchen - Laundry - Non-smoking rooms - Designated smoking area - Airport Shuttle bus (surcharge) Popular with solo travellers! Best price guaranteed! No booking fees! No deposit! Additional Information about Blue Parrot Backpackers Price Range: $39 - $45 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Bed) Number of rooms: 8 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Ctrip TA and Wotif.com so you can book your Blue Parrot Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Parrot Backpackers Hotel Sydney