Stayed in a private double for almost a week in March, and we really enjoyed it. The hostel has a lot of charm, and is decorated really well. We got a special rate since we booked for a week, and it was cheaper than many of the hostels we stayed at down the coast.
Pros - Rooms were well equipped, fully opening window with a fan, a desk, and a dresser.
- Location! Kings Cross was definitely not the grot hole we were told it was and we were a short walk from a large grocery store, restaurants, train stop, and all kinds of shopping.
- Kitchen was well equipped, it wasn't very large but we always found room at the right hours. There was also a handful of spices and condiments available for use.
- Bathrooms were fantastic, up to four on each floor each with a shower and toilet.
Cons - They advertise free internet, but it's SO SLOW that it's nearly impossible to use.
- There is no real lounge area, it's one couch in a hallway and every time we passed there was staff sitting on them.
- It's a busy area and we had a street facing room, it was very loud at night, a room at the other end of the hostel would have been quieter I imagine.
Despite our few gripes, we very much enjoyed our stay here and if we stayed in Sydney again we would stay here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, HostelWorld and Evoline ltd so you can book your Eva's Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eva`s Backpackers Hotel Sydney