Lowest prices for your stay
AU$143
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
AU$104
Alexandra F
Perfect for a stay on a budget
Review of Hotel Hacienda
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 July 2022
A friend and I stayed here for three nights and were extremely happy with the entire experience. We arrived early in the morning, with a few hours until our room was available for check in, however the staff were friendly and accommodating and allowed us to store our bags in their back room until our room was available.

The room itself was simple and clean, with a small balcony access. We were seeking a stay on a tight budget, and as such we weren’t looking for a luxury hotel, so the room perfectly met our expectations. We had a twin room, with very comfortable beds and enough space for two people. If you are looking for a full hotel stay with all the bells and whistles, this isn’t the place for you, but if you are just after a comfortable, well located place to sleep, then Hacienda ticks all the boxes. It is located between a busy street and a rail line, but the rooms are well sound proofed and noise is not really an issue.

On our last day, our departing flight wasn’t until late in the evening, but the staff were once again extremely accommodating and allowed us to again store our bags after checking out so that we didn’t have to lug them around for the day.

Would 100% stay here again next time I’m in town, and would recommend to anyone who is in the market for a budget-friendly stay with lovely staff
Date of stay: July 2022
Room service
2.3 km from Hotel Hacienda
1.0 km from Hotel Hacienda
View more hotels in Sydney
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2021

I have lost count of the number of times I have stayed at this hotel. It is my go to place when I am in Sydney and I am busy and all I need to a place to dump my gear and lay my head. I have searched for and occasionally used other cheap hotels in Sydney but the Song is ideal for me. If you want a more centrally located (but with shared bathing facilities) try Song in Wentworth Ave.
I am always somewhat bemused when I read one star reviews. I guess the reviewer has not completed "The Economics of Hotel Management 101." The price you pay for a room in a hotel in Sydney depends on location, room size, facilities and staff numbers. Minimise all of these and you can charge a figure closer to $100 than $300. So, do your homework before booking any accommodation. The Song is wedged between very busy Cleveland Street and the busiest section of rail in Australia. The double glazed windows reduce the sound considerably. I always get a good night sleep, more often because of my abject tiredness &/or my alcoholic intake. Don't bring a cat to the Song because when in your room you won't be able to swing it!! There is usually one staff member who signs you in and then you are left alone. Previously I always enjoyed breakfast in the cafe. Because of COVID it was not operating, nevertheless, they gave me a paper bag with cereal, milk, apple and muesli bar.
Oh yes the kettle was not working. I did report this misdemeanour to management.
So, the Song is not the Ritz but it offers exactly what I want when I visit Sydney, close to Central Railway station, Chinatown and the multitude of restaurants in Surry Hills.

Date of stay: May 2021
Adam Lifestyle Juggler, Other at Hotel Hacienda, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2022

Hola!

Muchas gracias for your fantastic feedback.

As one of Sydney's newly revamped accommodation offerings, we're so pleased to learn about how much you enjoyed staying with us at Hotel Hacienda.

With so many new elements on offer, we can't wait to welcome you back to stay with us again soon.

Te veo después (see you soon!)

Reviewed 23 October 2020 via mobile

Stayed in room 77. Beds very comfortable and clean, bathroom was clean lovely hot shower, small balcony with double glass doors to keep traffic noise out. They work well. Situated a short walk to Redfern Station, abit longer to central. Will stay again, front desk very obliging.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hola!

Muchas gracias for your fantastic feedback...muy bien increíble!

Te veo después (see you soon!)

Reviewed 19 March 2020

Beware of the ads for this place! The photos are not accurate, and the it is not very close to the Sydney Harbour area. It definitely is not walking distance. When we entered the room the hallway was barely large enough to walk through with our bags, the bathroom was directly to the right , and then you entered a room that was about the same size as the average prison cell. The bedd was pushed up against the wall, so there was no room to walk around it, and there was a small desk and grungy looking bar fridge. The two of us barely had room to move around in it without bumping into each other. It was also very dirty looking with the throw pillow on the bed looking like it hadn't been washed or changed in years... I threw it up in the closet right away! Also the rolling blind on the window wouldn't pull down, so the streetlight across from our room shined in the window each of our three nights. We didn't bother complaining, because the desk staff weren't overly friendly. It wasn't completely horrible though, the breakfast was decent, if a little sparse, and the wifi was decent. Wouldn't stay here again, and if you are looking for a place for overnight, maybe this would do, but that's as far as I would recommend.

Room tip: Pay a little more for a better place!
2  Thank Michael M
SongHotels, Manager at Hotel Hacienda, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2020

Dear Michael M

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and rating and sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. We have since notified our housekeeping and maintenance department and are in the process of addressing the complaints you have made. Guest experiences, positive or negative, are critical in bringing issues to our attention and helps us improve our services. Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards
Song Hotel Manager, Redfern

Reviewed 20 February 2020

Very central location, only 10-15mins walk to the central station. Rooms are small but compact, reception staff is very helpful. Breakfast is average. Room is clean. If you are sensitive about the noise, better to choose a room not overlooking the train station. Overall,Good inner city stay.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Irem C
SongHotels, Manager at Hotel Hacienda, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your time and feedback and thanks for choosing Song Hotel Redfern for your stay.
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you again.
Best Regards
On behalf of
Song Hotel Redfern Team

Reviewed 20 February 2020 via mobile

Nice staff and the breakfast was OK considering the price point. The rooms however fell short of expectations. Beds where to short (my wife and I are 176 cm/188 cm), the bathroom lacked a door and there were ants in the basin. The close proximity to the rail station and road with poor sound proofing in the windows made sleeping a challenge without ear buds. As mentioned earlier the staff were nice and tried to help but since they where fully booked there was little they could do. We plan to change hotel as soon as possible, find it hard to recommend to anyone, if you’re not on a very strict budget.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Thanks for your time & feedback.
We’re sorry you were unhappy - we’ll work hard to fix the issue you experienced. Thanks for letting us know.
Best Regards