“Nice food and great service”
Review of Sokyo

Sokyo
Reserve a table
Ranked #7 of 6,225 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: USD 57 - USD 179
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Sokyo continues to pay homage to Japanese heritage whilst infusing it with a modern touch using the finest Australian produce. It’s where tradition and innovation collide. Our refreshed menu and interiors take the Sokyo experience to new heights, complete with a sunken dining room and bold, rule-breaking Japanese calligraphy. Sokyo’s philosophy of Ritual meets Art is evident in every dish and every little detail, everywhere you look. We can’t wait to share it with you.
Reviewed 27 October 2019

I celebrated my birthday here today and had a fantastic night with excellent food and great service from Adam. I even got a happy birthday message on my dessert plate. A wonderful night!

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank qingqing_ac
SokyoManagement, Manager at Sokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2019

Good afternoon Qing,

Thank you for taking your time to leave your birthday dinner with us at Sokyo. We are glad to hear that you celebrated your birthday with us and had a fantastic night with excellent food and the service. We look forward to having you back next time for another celebration. Have a good week.

Sokyo Management.

Write a reviewReviews (1,309)

Reviewed 13 October 2019 via mobile

I haven’t been back to Sokyo for over a year and I am so glad I did... the waitstaff was very understanding about my coeliac/gluten free requirements and made modifications to some dishes so I could enjoy my experience. I was not disappointed the sashimi platter came to the table and was beautifully presented ... the oysters were fresh the flavours were perfectly balanced and the side of ginger was exceptionally good. The sashimi was so fresh - I Gad scallop salmon tuna kingfish and I forget the fish of the day but I really enjoyed it. I also had a salmon avocado roll which was just perfect. Always a five star experience ... thank you Sokyo ...

Date of visit: October 2019
2  Thank Jujuskuu
SokyoManagement, Manager at Sokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2019

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking your time to leave your dining experience with us. We are glad to hear that the service by the wait staff was very understanding and met the requirements. We look forward to having you back next time. Have a good weekend.

Reviewed 26 September 2019

Probably one of the best breakfasts you will ever have. The food is extremely fresh. Everything was well cooked and the service was amazing. I like having a well cooked breakfast with the addition of a buffet selection. A-MAZING.

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank basilgreg
SokyoManagement, Manager at Sokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2019

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking your time to leave your dining experience with us. We are glad to hear that Sokyo Breakfast was one of the best you ever had. We look forward to having you back soon! Have a good weekend.

Reviewed 22 September 2019

We had an anniversary here. Adam was unbelievable in terms of service, he really made our special night great.
The food is always great here, but the service tonight was exceptional.

Date of visit: September 2019
3  Thank K N
SokyoManagement, Manager at Sokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2019

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking your time to leave your dining experience here at Sokyo. We are pleased to hear that you had great anniversary celebration with us, and that the food is always great. We are continuously working on to improving the standards of service. We look forward to having you back for another special night. Have a good week.

Reviewed 22 September 2019

Had omakase during our visit. Over 20 courses, the seafood was very fresh. Service was also excellent.

Date of visit: March 2019
3  Thank LovesFood35813

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking your time to leave your dining experience about Sokyo. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Omakase with excellent service. We look forward to having you back next time. Have a good week.