this backpackers isn't too bad in terms of location and size of the rooms (we had a double room), but it is absolutely terrible in terms of service and cleanliness. And yet we're very used to backpacking!
- our booking with hostelworld hadn't been checked, they forgot to book our room
- the bathrooms hadn't been cleaned for the 3 nights we were here, which means paper toilet on the floor, blood on the floor, hair everywhere, no soap, + broken lamps and broken locks (but the needles bins were fine???)
- you need to pay a cash deposit for the plates, which are not even clean
- at dinner time, there's garbage everywhere on the floor, leftovers everywhere, food spilled in the microwave
BASICALLY DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING AND EAT OUT!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elephant Backpacker Sydney is located close to city centre in gentrified suburb of Woolloomooloo. Set over 4 levels, the top 3 floors accommodate a variety of dormitories and private rooms with each level having communal ladies and men’s shower blocks and separate toilets. All accommodation rooms are provided with bed linen, lockers and reading lights. The ground floor houses a communal kitchen and dining area, tv room, our reception and licensed café & bar. The building offers secure card access. Woolloomooloo, the gentrified city fringe suburb of the hostel is just 5 minutes’ walk from Hyde Park and 10 minutes from shopping at Pitt Street Mall. It is 10 minutes’ bus ride from Sydney Opera House or 15 minutes’ bus ride from Bondi Beach. Enjoy taking the underground travelator across from our hostel to Hyde Park! Our hostel does not permit alcohol to be consumed in the rooms or common areas. Alcohol is available for purchase in our licensed café & bar. We are not a party hostel but suitable for travelers, families and groups. We also welcome disable guests and have a large lift that can accommodate wheel chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Elephant Backpacker reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Backpacker Hotel Sydney